VP of Human Resources - One Mission Society
- 08-Jun-2020 to 07-Jul-2020
- - One Mission Society
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $62,000-$68,000 annually
- Full Time
- include paid time off, health insurance, and parental leave
Provide executive-level HR leadership and guidance for One Mission Society, an international Christian missions organization with ministry in 77 countries worldwide.
One Mission Society is an international, interdenominational missions organization dedicated to making disciples of Jesus Christ around the world. With ministry in more than 70 countries, One Mission Society seeks to transform lives for Christ by multiplying disciples, churches, leaders, and missionary movements. We're passionate about seeing the Great Commission fulfilled, and we're looking for teammates who want to use their gifts and abilities for Kingdom impact.
At One Mission Society, you'll experience a family atmosphere, strong work-life balance and integration, and a commitment to spiritual growth and development.
About this Role
Provide executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization's HR operations for OMS USA and OMS Global. Develop an HR strategy that aligns with the organization's strategy and goals. Set, enforce, and evaluate legally compliant HR policies, procedures, and best practices and identify and implement long-range strategic goals.
• Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization's long-term mission and goals; create and execute an HR strategy in alignment with those goals
• Identify key performance indicators for each of the organization's human resource functions; assesses the function's success based on these metrics.
• Serve as an active member of the senior management teams of the organization and as a trusted advisor and coach to senior leadership
• Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs
• Ensure that programs fill roles with qualified team members and encourage their continued growth and development
• Provide guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of higher-level human resource concerns and issues.
• Ensure compliance with employment laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Maintain best practices through continuous learning and participation in professional development and networking events.
Requirements for All Roles
• Committed follower of Jesus Christ
• Actively involved in local evangelical church
• Interested in missions
Requirements for This Role
• 10 years of HR experience, including 5 years of HR management experience for an organization with 300+ employees in multiple locations (international locations preferred)
• SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrates the love of Christ in personal conduct, interactions with others, and with integrity while performing the duties in support of the mission and purpose of One Mission Society
• Strategic thinker who can translate strategy into action and solve problems
• Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, and ability to coach senior leaders
• Strong communicator, including both verbal and written communication
• Able to speak truth to leaders and willing to confront when needed
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Organizational ability, attention to detail and customer focus
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
• Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Please describe in 1-2 sentences. How is your previous experience relevant to this role? Why are you a good fit for this job?
2. What about the role excites you and motivated you to apply? Please describe your interest in working with us.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com