Programs Director - Martin Luther King Community Center
- 12-Jun-2020 to 01-Jul-2020
- - Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $55,000 annually
- Full Time
The mission of the MLK Center is to create a meaningful impact on the lives of those in the neighborhoods we serve, through quality, multi-generational programs that build community, invest in youth, empower families, advocate for our neighbors and provide a peaceful space to connect. We are seeking a team leader to coordinate activities and outcomes across our two-generation, trauma informed programming for youth, families, and community.
This is a 40-hour per week, salaried, exempt position contingent upon renewal of grant funds. The position reports to the Executive Director. This position will lead a team of 8-10 employees.
1. Data Management and Reporting: The Programs Director will oversee all data entry processes to report on program outcomes. We use Efforts to Outcomes and Cayen. This looks like operationalizing the program logic models to ensure the organization is meeting expected benchmarks and long-term outcomes. We seek to make a tangible difference through our work. Daily activities might include meeting with external evaluators or grant writing consultant, coordinating focus groups, and analyzing ETO reports with staff. These data will be used both internally and externally.
2. Staff Support: MLK Center staff operate as a diverse, unified, democratic team. The Director of Programs will work with team members to identify individual workplans and professional development goals that value learning, growth, and innovation. As part of our organizational strategic plan, we seek to maintain and increase employee engagement. The Director of Programs will coach team members around their strengths and support their needs and ideas as the Executive Director focuses on external relations.
3. Program Operations: The Director of Programs will ensure MLK Center activities for youth, families and community are efficiently and effectively operating within our two-generation, trauma informed care approach. This also means that all programs and staff are representing the nonviolence principles of Dr King and our mission. Our programs and partners engage neighborhood youth from ages 0-25 and their families, cutting across issues of equity, literacy, violence, employment, housing, trauma, transportation, counseling, parenting, finances and much more. Daily, this position plans, implements, trouble shoots and evaluates. The Director of Programs will be innovative, organized and detail oriented.
We highly recommend you review our website and social media to get a broad understanding of MLK Center. https://mlkcenterindy.org/about-us/
Click the APPLY button to submit your resume and a statement about why you want to lead our team by July 1, 2020. No phone calls please.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com