Bookkeeper (Part-time) - Orchard Park Presbyterian Church
- 12-Jun-2020 to 11-Jul-2020
- - Orchard Park Presbyterian Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Starting salary commensurate with experience, ranging from $18-$20 per hour
- Part Time
- 403b benefits after 1 year
The Bookkeeper will work with the Business Administrator, Treasurer and Finance Committee to ensure that the general ledger is maintained accurately and all accounts receivables and payables are appropriately recorded.
Founded in 1956, Orchard Park Presbyterian Church is one of more than 9000 congregations in the Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA). Visit our website www.orchardpark.org to learn more.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining the general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable and producing financial reports on behalf of OPPC. See full position description.
• Process all offerings and miscellaneous receipts received in the church office into REALM.
• Review all invoices and obtain verification of charge if necessary, assure appropriate approvals and assign to proper expense account.
• Enter all authorized invoices for payment into the REALM.
• Print checks for signatures. Upon receipt of signatures disburse check to payees.
• Upon receipt of payroll completion, make 403b & pension electronic deposits with investment company employee accounts and record payroll entries to general ledger.
• Take deposits of receipts to bank at least once a week.
• Post all journal entries weekly and monthly o complete monthly financial reports by the 7th of the following month.
• Prepare Automated Accounts withdrawals for upcoming activities on a bi-weekly basis through electronic banking system.
• Assist Business Administrator to update annual budget into REALM and update chart of accounts if necessary.
• Maintain electronic banking system for ACH and wire processing of cash.
• Work through brokerage companies to facilitate transfer of stocks or funds donated to OPPC
• Provide support to the Business Administrator in areas of financial management, as needed.
• Associate degree in accounting, business or a related field, plus three years of related accounting experience, such as general ledger, A/R, A/P, and payroll
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, internal control policies and procedures
• Ability to plan and deliver results through others
• Well-organized; able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while remaining attentive to detail and accuracy
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ability to learning accounting programs specific to church/congregation reporting
• Passion for the mission of OPPC
Staff Team Competencies
Compassion and Care: Exudes a natural sense of care for the well-being of others; responds with empathy to the life circumstances of others; communicates a sense of support in his or her very presence; demonstrates appropriate boundaries in expressions of care.
Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; capable of understanding and maintaining confidentiality when required.
Team Orientation: Demonstrates interest, skill and success in team environments; places group goals ahead of personal agendas; steps up to offer self as a resource to other members of the team; understands and supports the importance of teamwork; shares credit for success with others.
Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of the congregation; can demonstrate those values to others; consistently behaves in a manner consistent with the mission, vision, values and beliefs.
Personal Resilience: Can effectively cope with change and uncertainty; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Accountability: Assures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the church; holds self and others accountable for responsibilities; can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in a timely manner and within budget; monitors and evaluates plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills; relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
Creativity, Innovation and Initiative: Is action-oriented and full of energy for improvement activities; develops insights into situations and processes and finds innovative ways to improve operations; creates a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation; designs and implements cutting-edge systems and processes as budget allows.
Self-Differentiation: Demonstrates strong and appropriate personal boundaries in relationships; has a healthy appreciation of self, without being egotistical; is emotionally mature; can maintain a non-anxious presence in the midst of turmoil; not overly dependent upon outside affirmation; works to build a strong personal support system.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Mary Leffler, Business Administrator .
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com