Marketing and Communications Specialist - Fortune Academy
- 13-Jun-2020 to 12-Jul-2020
- - Fortune Academy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Fortune Academy, established 18 years ago, is an accredited independent day school in Indianapolis which serves bright students who have dyslexia, dysgraphia, and other language processing differences. The Marketing and Communications Specialist reports to the Head of School and collaborates with school leaders to design and implement branding initiatives, social media and promotional activities aimed at increased community presence, recruiting new students , and increasing participation in funding raising opportunities.
On the Loop in the historic Fort Benjamin Harrison area of Indianapolis near 56th Street and Post Road is a repurposed brick building – an inviting space where young people, grades 1 – 12 gather to learn in a nurturing environment. Fortune Academy is an accredited independent day school in Indianapolis which serves approximately 100 bright students who have dyslexia, dysgraphia, and other language processing differences. Fortune students come from central Indiana for a 21st century education where specially trained teachers attune to each young person's unique learning pathway. Fortune offers small classes of 6 to 10, uses the Orton Gillingham approach to learning, offers a full academic diploma program, and assures open participation in extra-curricular activities including sports, the arts, and social events. Fortune is the only school in Indiana to provide a teacher certification program in the nationally recognized Orton Gillingham approach to language learning.
The Fortune Academy vision is two-fold:
1) to serve a growing number of students with learning differences, and
2) to educate and support each student's family in the most effective ways to enhance their student's educational journey to become confident, lifelong learners who can advocate for themselves in a world where thinking differently can and should be an assets.
For more information about Fortune Academy consult the website at www.thefortuneacademy.org
Reports to: the Head of School
Work Calendar: 11 months (early June through end of July have reduced and flex hours)
Hours: generally 8 to 430 during the school calendar
Days off: all school days off during the school calendar
Key Responsibilities: The Marketing and Communications Specialist fulfills three major roles:
1. Collaborates to create and maintain Fortune's overall public image/brand and implements student/family recruitment strategies in support of admissions:
a. Collaborates on a 3 Year Rolling Goals and Marketing Strategies Plan for Admissions.
b. Creates, maintains, and monitors the use of the Fortune Academy Identity and Image Manual.
c. Develops and uses templates from a reservoir of core Promotional/Communications Tools, including print materials, talking points, power points, web-based formats, and social media –
d. Interfaces directly with the Press/Media, coordinating, approving copy/talking points, images, and setting up interviews with parameters.
e. Trains key staff to consistently speak on behalf of the school at community sites that reach families of potential students and program/ service users.
f. Provides monthly excel report of all support for branding and marketing strategies. Reports include hours invested and outside costs by project.
2. Promotes/advertises Fortune programs and events in order to fill each to capacity. Collaborates with HOS, HLS and HUP, and Faculty Program Coordinators to clarify content and timing:
a. Attends the monthly internal program and events meeting taking on only communications tasks.
b. Identifies and captures image building stories about school programs for testimonials and video story telling. Finds and coordinates distribution opportunities to maintain a flow of storytelling presence.
c. Works with the Events and Volunteer Coordinator to conceptualize the image of major events and then create the multi-media messaging in support of each event.
d. Collects input for, writes, and does layout for the regular Fortune e-newsletter.
e. Provides monthly e-report on all support for internal programs and events
3. Supports Major Underwriting Initiatives as directed.
a. Collaborates on the 3 Year Rolling Underwriting Goals and Strategies in alignment with the overall strategic plan, including prospects from foundations, corporations, and major individual donors.
b. Maintains a nation-wide data base of missionally aligned foundations, corporations, and major individual donors with a history of contacts made to each by Fortune.
c. Develops and uses templates from a reservoir of core Fund Development Communications Tools and Proposal Components, all of which follow a Board approved school identity manual.
d. Writes components of grant applications and proposals in partnership with the leadership team members using the reservoir of pre-approved templates.
e. Builds relationships with the contact persons from prospective underwriters. Provides them with requested materials, schedules tours, and arranges for hospitality as directed by the HOS.
• 3 years in marketing and communications role that includes social media and digital marketing
• Bachelor's Degree in Business (Marketing), Non-Profit Management, Communications, Public Affairs
• Certifications in a variety of software aps used in media and public relations such as WordPress, Flywheel, MailChimp, CRM software, etc.
• Working collaboratively to create, implement, update, and monitor a style/image manual
• Implement institutional branding campaign and program specific marketing projects
• Creating and maintaining websites, social media networks, and blogs
• Presenting to a non-profit board or to a business executive team
• Ability to communicate professional content both orally and in writing
• Willingness to learn the vocabulary of education and learning differences
• Strong interpersonal skills including listening and probing
• Ability to communicate effectively with professionals in media, graphic and video arts, etc.
• Proficiency in word processing, excel, power point, computer graphics
• Ability to use data bases and to format data tables for research and reporting
• Ability to use project management software, Microsoft Office and G Suite for NFPs
• Proficiency in social media administration of Facebook, Linked-in, Twitter, etc.
• Ability to analyze data, find patterns, draw conclusions, and convert them to action plans
• Ability to ask probing questions that identify barriers to enrolling students and donating, leading to effective positioning of content for the public, for students and families, and for donors
Licenses: Valid driver's license
Work setting: 80% in office/school; 20% in the field with venders, program partners, funders
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com