Outreach/Grant Coordinator (Muncie/Anderson) - Children's Bureau
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Full Time
Strengthening Indiana Families Grant Coordinator
Career Opportunity Where You Can Strategically Make a Difference
The Outreach/SIF Coordinator is responsible for community outreach to educate, promote, and market Community Partners for Child Safety/Family Resource Centers. The Coordinator will also assist with coordinating events highlighting the prevention of child abuse and neglect in the area and with implementing the Family Resource Centers in each of the counties assigned.
Community Engagement and Outreach (100%)
• Motivate and collaborate with various community entities in order to identify and develop professional relationships and partnerships for both CPCS and the SIF grant.
• Identify, contact and maintain knowledge of formal and informal resources in the community that provide family support and recreational activities.
• Effectively and professionally represent the agency when promoting CPCS/SIF at events, meetings, and other outreach activities.
• Effectively coordinate, plan and attend events for the community with an emphasis on preventing child abuse and neglect. This could include events held on evenings and weekends.
• Effectively and professionally share success stories, engage families to make referrals, and speak with community members in order to maintain or increase the number of clients being served or assist with the creation of the Family Resource Centers.
• Effectively monitor program brochures and promotional materials for ongoing accuracy and availability.
• Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a directly-related human service field from an accredited college OR Other Bachelor's degrees will be accepted in combination with a minimum of three years' experience working directly with families in a human service field OR Associate's degrees in a related human services field with a minimum of three years' experience working directly with families in a human service field OR High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five years' experience working directly with families in a human service field
• 2 + years of experience in social service for children or families
• Experience in child development preferred
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Understanding of and ability to work effectively with the community
• Driven to ensure work quality meets established standards and guidelines
• Committed to meeting deadlines
• Collaborative and interacts well with a broad spectrum of individuals
• Demonstrates appreciation for and ability to respond to cultural differences
• Adept at multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com