Vice President of Finance & Administration - LifeStream Services, Inc.
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - LifeStream Services, Inc.
- Yorktown, IN, USA
- Highly competitive salary
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package, including a 403(b) plan, paid vacations, holidays and sick time, prescription benefits, long term disability, health, vision, dental, & life insurance, flextime scheduling, training, and more
(Whitinger is assisting our client LifeStream Services in the recruiting process for this position)
LifeStream Services is the Aging and Disability Resource Center for East Central Indiana. We provide services and programs to help seniors and people with disabilities remain independent. We also support caregivers who need help maintaining the health, dignity and independence of their loved ones. From meal delivery and in-home care to transportation and caregiver support, LifeStream is a lifeline for those who need help. Founded in 1975, LifeStream is a non-profit Area Agency on Aging that serves individuals in Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Grant, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph, Rush, Union, and Wayne counties in Indiana.
The VP of Finance & Administration serves on the management team for LifeStream Services and has responsibilities for planning, directing, and coordinating financial, administrative, and strategic functions of the organization in support of policies, goals, and objectives of the organization. This position is ideal for a team player with the background, energy, and knowledge to drive financial and strategic leadership across the organization while also possessing the perfect balance of strategic thinking and willingness to go ground-level daily. The person in this position will work regularly with the organization's President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned. Duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Direct all financial functions of the organization
• Develop, implement, and monitor annual goals and objectives for finance
• Prepare and submit reports of financial functions (monthly checklist)
• Assure essential data is collected, communicated, maintained, and utilized for financial functions
• Prepare budgets for finance programs as well as agency-wide budgets based on management team requests and develop agency allocations
• Implement action necessary as a result of administrative/legislative guidelines/rulings
• Develop innovative initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of financial functions
• Ensure Finance QA processes are implemented in accordance with the Division of Aging, and organizational expectations
• Ensure the effective use of existing technology
• Direct the administration of all IT functions
• Direct the administration of all HR functions
• Direct the administration of all Transportation functions
• Perform the duties of the President/CEO in his/her absence.
• Assist with the development of strategies and policies aligned with the purpose of the organization
• Assure realistic goals and objectives are consistent with the organization's mission
• Communicate goals and objectives to the organization's constituents
• Support the President/CEO and management staff in strategic planning
• Identify internal/external issues that could affect growth and profitability
• Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change in collaboration with the President/CEO and management staff
• Act as a representative to the communities served and vendors to promote strong partnerships to benefit the organization
Supervises Finance, Information Technology, Transportation, and Human Resources staff. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field (Master's degree preferred). 10+ years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role, with 5+ years of experience in a Controller or higher role and 5 + years of experience of leadership experience. Transportation experience a plus. CPA preferred but not required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com