Executive Director & CEO - Raybourn Group International
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - Raybourn Group International (RGI)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Raybourn Group International (RGI) is seeking an Executive Director & CEO for a recently onboarded international trade association client. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of creating real value for members in a competitive and changing environment.
RGI is an AMC Institute Accredited Association Management Company. We provide outsourced association management, event planning and consulting services for dozens of non-profits, trade associations and professional societies. Founded in 1988, RGI is a growing company that manages associations of varying sizes and budgets, ranging from local, to regional, to national, to international membership. On a daily basis, we provide services for our clients, including strategic planning, financial management, executive management, membership development, marketing/public relations, publications and social media, educational/professional development, and meeting/event planning, among others.
Raybourn Group is a company with a culture of professional development, personal growth, and servant-leadership. Our philosophy is to channel our passion and expertise into success for our clients.
While this position is Indianapolis based, initial interviews can be conducted virtually.
As the chief staff officer of the Association the Executive Director & CEO oversees the administration, programs and strategic plans of the association as well as its for-profit subsidiary and foundation; collectively the "Enterprise."
Mission and Strategy
• Responsible for leading the Enterprise in a manner that supports and guides the mission as defined by the Board of Directors and ensures program adherence to the vision, mission, brand promise and core values.
• Plan, develop and implement new programs and ideas that align with the Enterprise's strategic goals and annual priorities.
Governance and Programming
• Work with the Board of Directors to develop, monitor and ensure the ongoing relevance of strategic goals for the Enterprise.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Provide for regular evaluation of products, services, programs, and processes to promote member engagement across all member categories and ensure staff and volunteer efficiencies.
• Advise and work with volunteers, recommending methods of providing or improving services for the betterment of the Enterprise and its membership and stakeholder.
• Offer counsel and guidance to elected leadership and staff regarding governance and best practices.
• Partner with Board and staff to prepare for and participate in effective leadership meetings, including Board, committee, leadership retreats and strategic thinking sessions.
• Implement and update all policies affected by Board.
• Serve as spokesperson for the Enterprise as appropriate and in coordination with the President.
• Build relationships with existing strategic partners, including coordinating and participating in meetings as appropriate.
• Serve as liaison to the Board, Executive Committee, Finance Committee, and Nominating Committee, and provide for staff liaison to all other committees and task forces as appropriate.
• Provide overall strategy for securing and retaining vendor/supply partner relationships and oversee execution of the strategy.
• Provide for annual Board self-evaluation as well as Board and committee evaluation of RGI management.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the Enterprise in a positive financial position.
• Prepare proposed annual operating budget in consultation with the Finance Committee and the professional staff to allocate funds, control costs and maintain operations at levels consistent with established guidelines.
• Direct the preparation of monthly financial statements.
• Monitor cash flow and prepare cash flow projections, as necessary.
• Manage budgets as approved by the Board.
• Sign all contracts on behalf of the Enterprise within limits of authority.
• Work with external CPA to ensure completion of the annual audit and 990 filing.
• Sign all host facility, vendor, and speaker contracts.
• Attend association and industry events as appropriate and as schedule allows or ensure appropriate staff presence at all events.
• Coordinate collaborative relationships with peer associations and other organizations to further promote the association and continually build upon an understanding and appreciation of the industry.
• Introduce potential collaborative opportunities to the Board of Directors as applicable.
• Represent the association at meetings and conferences when appropriate.
• Manage all staff assigned to the client association including Member Resources Director, Communications Director, Education and Events Director, Meetings and Membership Coordinator and Marketing and Communication Coordinator.
• Interface with other staff in accounting and general administration as needed to serve OGR.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, modifications may occur as reflected in the mutually approved client's Scope of Work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 10 years of related experience and/or training in association management with 5 years in the role of Executive Director/CEO for a trade association. Participation in association continuing education initiatives and programs, such as ASAE (American Society of Association Executives) and ISAE (Indiana Society of Association Executives). Should have, or be working towards, the CAE designation (Certified Association Executive).
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to speak and write using original or innovative techniques or style to broad audiences including the public, top management, and a Board of Directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Have a solid understanding of accounting principles and accrual-based accounting.
Reasoning Ability: Demonstratable entrepreneurial thinking skills and abilities. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Astute in communicating and reasoning with volunteers.
Supervision and performance evaluations of this position shall be the responsibility of the RGI President.
Must be able to travel within the United States and Canada for the association and industry events approximately 15 days per year.
The position is based in RGI's Indianapolis offices.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume. Please, no phone calls.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com