Cessation Education Specialist - Good Samaritan Network
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - Good Samaritan Network (GSN)
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
Good Samaritan Network, in conjunction with Breathe Easy Hamilton County, is seeking a Cessation Education Specialist to join the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation team. Breathe Easy Hamilton County is focused on improving the health of Hamilton County residents by focusing on educating youth in the prevention of smoking, educating adults on cessation services and promoting a smoke-free policy in Hamilton County. To achieve these goals the Cessation Education Specialist will assist the Executive Director in managing the day-to-day activities and strategies, as well as implementing the Tobacco Prevention and Cessations ISHD (TPC) grant work plans.
Breathe Easy Hamilton County is looking for a dynamic, charismatic, outgoing person who has a real passion for positive behavior change for smoking cessation. The Cessation Education Specialist is responsible for working with a broad spectrum of prospects from businesses, organizations, and healthcare providers to educate and expand the knowledge and use of the Indiana Quitline (a free program to help individuals quit smoking.) This person will provide high-quality evidence-based tobacco prevention education and information, to support community efforts to create tobacco-free environments.
• Build and cultivate relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to expand the Preferred Network.
• Plan, develop, coordinate, implement, evaluate, and document smoking cessation educational programming to introduce and promote the Indiana Quitline by actively networking in the Hamilton County community.
• Present educational materials/presentations to members to educate about the Indiana Quitline.
• Coordinate internal meetings and events including, but not limited to, compiling meeting agendas, reserving meeting space, and printing supporting content as needed
• Provide support and assistance for other activities and duties as assigned.
• Assists with patient and public education programs/events/health fairs around Hamilton County.
• Minimum Associates degree in health sciences/nursing or communication.
• Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• Proven ability to work as part of a close team and with volunteers / committees
• MS Office proficiency
• Must possess a positive attitude and ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Self-starter willing to learn and take initiative, with direction from the Executive Director.
• Excellent public relations, marketing, and social media skills.
40 hours per week – no benefits, other than vacation
Office/Work Location: 12933 Parkside Dr., Fishers, IN
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com