Chief Operating Officer (temporary full-time) - Christ Church Cathedral
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - Christ Church Cathedral
- Indianapoils, IN, USA
- Full-time Temporary
- benefits available
Christ Church Cathedral, Indianapolis, IN is searching for a temporary full-time Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position will start as a temporary position and could result in being a long-term hire within the next year to eighteen months. The COO is responsible for the financial, administrative, and property operations which support the ministries of prayer, service, learning, and caring which are necessary to the mission of the Church. As part of the management team, the COO works in close coordination with the Senior Pastor and leadership to ensure clear and consistent direction of staff effecting a well-functioning staff community. The job is high paced and diverse in its daily activities.
Essential duties include:
- Oversees the human resources, financial services, communications, information technology, and property operation and all tasks-related to those function;
- manages contracts and contacts with all outside vendors, to include human resources, communications technology and the accounting firm;
- works closely with the Treasurer in the administration of internal controls and preparation of reports;
- serves as a staff liaison to the administrative, finance, and property committees of the Church;
- coordinates and champions a well-functioning staff through their tasks as they relate to each ministry.
A comprehensive job description will be provided during the interviewing process.
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in business administration, or related field. An M.B.A., or CPA is desired. Ten years of related experience in finance and accounting, business operations and facilities management are required. Incumbent must have knowledge and experience in finance, investment banking, employment law, information technology, and facilities operations, while paying close attention to the details of each. Previous supervisory experience is required and experience working in a non-for-profit environment is desired. Incumbent must have the ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly. Strong organizational, and communication skills, both written and verbal are required. The Church strives to be paperless fully utilizing digital technologies for management and file sharing. The position requires some evening and weekend work, domestic travel and a valid driver's license. The Church offers shared workspaces and meeting spaces for confidential matters may be prearranged. Computer software skills required include: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Mail and Adobe. The ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is desired.
As a temporary full-time employee, the COO will be eligible for all benefits to include: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, income replacement (short-term disability), and long-term disability insurance. Candidate may participate in the organization's 403(b) retirement savings plan with a contributing match by the Church. Package also includes paid parking.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume.