Case Coordinator - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The Case Coordinator will provide comprehensive, trauma-informed case management services to clients new to Exodus whose needs or immigration status do not fit into the scope of other programming, primarily serving clients that are seeking asylum and certain eligible Haitian and Cuban entrants. The Case Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Extended Services and other staff to develop the program and engage with community providers to identify resources beneficial to new client groups.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and asylees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The Case Coordinator position will be flexible in who it is serving related to ongoing changes in the immigration system. The Case Coordinator will be cross-trained and may assist in serving certified and pre-certified victims of human trafficking based on agency case load needs. The Case Coordinator will make appropriate referrals and follow up for ongoing care. Systems the Case Coordinator will engage with include legal, housing, medical, food, and cultural communities. The clients referred to the Case Coordinator are often in vulnerable situations that require immediate follow up. Staff must set good boundaries with clients while remaining flexible to evolving needs.
1. Assist in developing and administering the agency's services for Asylum Seekers and other eligible immigrants of humanitarian concern.
2. Research evidence based best practices and implement appropriate outcome measures.
3. Work with established and new community partners to promote the program and establish a referral pool for the program.
4. Collaborate with other staff as needed to ensure that a trauma-informed intake is completed for each enrolling client.
5. Assist in building and updating community resources for agency programs, including researching and connecting with new partners and providers.
6. Assist in the ongoing development and updating of the agency's Community Resource Database, with specific emphasis on building Exodus' housing and homeless partnerships.
7. Provide intensive case management services for clients within the position's caseload.
8. Manage case notes and appropriate client documentation.
9. Provide referrals to other community or in-house programs, such as the Exodus Mental Wellness Program.
10. Maintain up-to-date programmatic knowledge of all services (health department, social security, welfare, etc.) involving Exodus clients, all grant/funding requirements, and the policies and procedures of the agency.
11. Assist in coordinating bus trainings for enrolled clients.
12. Follow trauma-informed best practices with cultural considerations.
13. Secure interpreters for clients who have limited understanding of the English language.
14. Participate in the emergency phone and airport rotation.
15. Attend weekly all-staff meetings.
16. Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
• Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in social work or equivalent experience.
• Must have experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
• Must have a high level of organizational skill and a great attention to detail.
• Must have PC proficiency, with competency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must have a vehicle, valid license, and insurance to transport clients.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
• Fluency in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Megan Hochbein. No walk-ins or phone calls.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com