Chief Financial Officer - Choices Coordinated Care Solutions
- 13-Jul-2020 to 11-Aug-2020
- - Choices Coordinated Care Solutions
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, 401k Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Work from Home Wednesday's and a generous PTO plan
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the overall fiscal management of Choices. This requires that the CFO have the technical skill and knowledge to ensure that all financial data is accurately recorded and consistent with General Accounting Practices and that effective internal controls are in place to protect the assets of Choices. The CFO is familiar with non-profit social services organizations and understands the complex factors which drive financial results. This information is presented to corporate leadership in a way that helps them understand what financial results and trends mean in terms of achieving current and future goals. The incumbent will support and uphold a commitment to racial and ethnic equity and/or antiracism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures that proper accounting procedures and effective fiscal controls are in place, and that financial information is available for the proper functioning of the organization, including optimal:
o Accounts payable - authorizations and reimbursements for Choices network of service providers
o Accounts receivable, invoicing timely filing, appeals
o Incurred but Not Reported (IBNR) estimating
o Claims processing
o Medicaid transactions
o General Ledger, Electronic and Health Record systems interface
• Manages cash resources, emphasizing capital preservation while maximizing available return on investment, including familiarity with investments and banking
• Presents information to the Board of Directors and Choices Management that allow them to understand how the results are supporting Choices' goals and what the trends indicate in regard to the future results.
• Ensures that necessary data is available to appropriately manage Choices programs and that the data and analysis is used in decision making processes.
• Ensures internal controls are in place to protect the assets of Choices.
• Ensures that Choices has the appropriate accounting and financial talent to enable the proper functioning of the organization, including cross-training to ensure continuing functioning during staff absences. Ensures effective management of day to day issues and workflow
• Plays a key role in strategic planning to ensure that the organization adapts to changing business conditions.
• Assures the provision of cost and revenue proformas for proposals
• Is the primary liaison with external auditors and ensures that Audited Financial Statements accurately reflect Choices' operations.
• Negotiates leases and attends to facility management
• Human Resources familiarity
• Reviews and tracks all contracts, MOUs, and Federal, State, and local grants.
• Works with insurance professionals to ensure that Choices has the appropriate coverage to manage potential legal liabilities.
• Focuses on streamlining processes to ensure payments and invoices are processes on a timely basis and in a manner required by our internal and external customers.
• Health Insurance management
• Willingly completes other duties as assigned to meet the strategic and financial objectives of Choices.
• Minimum of bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; MBA/CPA preferred.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in finance or accounting.
• Extensive knowledge of non-profit financial operations and federal grant and/or foundation funding.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with fiscal management software. Prior use of Great Plains desirable.
• Highly organized.
• Must possess a valid driver's license in state of residence and auto insurance.
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Work effectively with internal and external individuals, including other professionals in the community.
o Work effectively as a member of a team.
o Effectively communicate to various internal and external audiences in both person and through various electronic media.
o Manage time and work effectively with minimal supervision.
o Effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com