Preschool Teachers (Early Childhood/Head Start) - Transition Resources Corporation (TRC)
- 17-Aug-2020 to 16-Sep-2020
- - Transition Resources Corporation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Seeking early childhood professionals to join our education teams in Anderson and Muncie -- serving children and families. Responsibilities include-- Develops and implements individual and group educational plans for preschool children, designed to promote social-emotional, physical, and cognitive growth in a manner appropriate to their stage of development. Provides leadership through active direction and direct involvement with Teacher Assistants, Center Aides and Volunteers.
Since 1965, we have helped individuals and families access educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Transition Resources Corporation (TRC) carries out its mission in Indiana by providing Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Delaware (Muncie) and Madison (Anderson) counties, offering the Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG) opportunity to students of promise in several Marion County high schools and providing Housing Counseling services throughout the state.
1. Develops and implements individualized and group lesson plans and educational activities that promote all developmental areas to improve the readiness of children for school.
2. Guides and facilitates activities of the children including daily classroom activities and field trips. Uses creativity to provide healthy and safe activities that are developmentally and age appropriate.
3. Selects and sets up equipment and materials in the classroom. Ensures there is a safe and healthy developmentally appropriate learning environment.
4. Maintains accurate records, both on paper and in designated on-line systems. Maintains confidentiality regarding students and families.
5. Plans, conducts and documents observations, assessments and screenings. Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child including weekly observations, examples of the child's work, and developmental assessments.
6. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
7. Conducts home visits and parent conferences to discuss the child's individual development and progress and assists parents in developing observational skills.
8. Works with the Teacher Assistant, Center Aides and Volunteers to develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
9. The person in this position must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner. Protects the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
10. Uses the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures that the playground is safe.
11. Eats with and assists children in eating to teach social and self-help skills and sound nutritional practices.
12. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met, assisting children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, brushing teeth, and toilet habits.
13. Creates ways to engage parents in the education of their children including encouraging classroom involvement and home activities.
14. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
15. May assist in preparing and serving meals.
16. Inventories all classroom equipment and supplies annually.
17. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan. Actively engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation's Core Values.
18. Fills in on a temporary basis when a staff member needs to leave the classroom for a short duration.
19. Participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
20. Work may require the flexibility to stay until all children have left the program.
21. Keeps classroom clean and organized.
22. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Associate's Degree in child development, early childhood education or related field* with 2 years of experience working with preschool children is required.
• Bachelor's Degree in child development, early childhood education or related field* with 1 year of experience working with preschool children is preferred.
• CPR/First Aid within a month of hire.
*Degree in a related field is defined as an associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree in a field other than child development or early childhood education that either includes or is supplemented by twelve (12) college credits in child development, early childhood, or equivalent coursework focusing on children birth to age five. At least 3 of those credits must be in a preschool focused foundations course in child development.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com