Grants and Database Manager – Sheltering Wings
- 20-Aug-2020 to 19-Sep-2020
- - Sheltering Wings
- Danville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Sheltering Wings, located just 20 minutes west of I-465, is a highly recognized community asset that serves women, men and children who are victims of domestic violence from Hendricks County, Marion County and surrounding communities. Sheltering Wings provides shelter, services and programs, including community education and awareness, that are focused on critically important issues that impact individuals of all social and economic spheres. With a strong donor base, exceptional volunteer support, and a dynamic board and staff, the position of Grants and Database Manager offers an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and successful organization that is mission centered with a direct, positive impact upon the issue of domestic violence.
Sheltering Wings is seeking an individual with grants experience, and whose work exhibits organizational skills, attention to detail and strong writing skills. The ideal candidate will possess grant writing/administration and database experience with a desire to join a great team of fundraising professionals at Sheltering Wings. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants and Database manager will conduct research on potential granting organizations to benefit Sheltering Wings, submit grant proposals as appropriate, provide accurate information to complete and submit grant reports, support the major and planned giving staff with prospect research and reports, and manage the organization's Raisers Edge database software.
This individual will work as an important member of the development team supporting their efforts, and interact with funders and volunteers through daily interactions and stewardship initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree and at least two-three years of professional grants and/or database management experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting. This position offers opportunities to serve on a dynamic team and to support the fundraising efforts that benefit an exceptional cause at Sheltering Wings.
Qualifications for the Position
1. Bachelor's degree
2. 2-3 years grant writing and database experience
3. Strong organizational skills
4. Exceptional writing skills
5. Track record of success in securing grants and meeting budget goals
6. Well-developed communication, presentation, and people skills
7. Ability to maintain good public relations with funding organizations
8. Commitment, energy, motivation, and persistence in execution of job responsibilities
9. Ability to work with in a team environment to meet organizational goals
Preferred but not Required:
1. Previous experience in nonprofit organization
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for this position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
• What is the highest level of education you have completed?
• Are you able to work in Danville, IN 46122?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check and drug screen, in accordance with local law/regulations?
• How is your education and experience relevant to this role?
• Are you able to demonstrate a full commitment to Sheltering Wings' Statement of Faith?
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Amy O'Hearn, Operations Manager.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com