Manager, Donor Engagement - Riley Children’s Foundation
- 20-Aug-2020 to 19-Sep-2020
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Manager, Donor Engagement, is responsible for designing, implementing, coordinating and assessing a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program that promotes and facilitates engagement with and recognition of donors at all levels, with the goal of increasing fundraising. The position reports to the Chief Communications Officer and provides essential leadership in creating a donor-centric culture.
Direct Reports: Donor Engagement Officer, Event Planner and Producer, Administrative Assistant
1. Expectations for All Managers
Working closely with the President/CEO and the Leadership Team, follow the practices and use the tools to:
• Develop and Influence the Our Riley Community Culture: Realize the importance of you as a manager, modeling and influencing Our Riley Community culture. Exhibit trust, innovation and compassion.
• Lead the Way and Be Accountable: Manage staff in planning and organizing projects. Develop goals and accountabilities. Follow Foundation performance management practices and meet Human Resources deadlines. Model the way.
• Hire the Best: Have up-to-date job descriptions for all direct reports. Follow Foundation hiring practices. Prepare and participate in new employee orientation.
• Guide Your Staff: Set clear expectations and high standards of performance. Provide training, coaching, feedback and corrective action when necessary.
• Engage Your Staff: Be approachable to direct reports and others. Use forms of recognition to thank employees within your team and across the Foundation. Collaborate across the Foundation.
• Create a Best Practice Operation: Stay up-to-date on best practices. Effectively allocate resources. Manage budget as necessary. Establish metrics to minimize costs and maximize impact.
• Manager Training: Actively participate in all Manager Briefings and use the skills and behaviors identified.
• Acknowledgment Processes: Oversee, evaluate and improve processes to ensure donors are thanked for their gifts in a timely, personalized and appropriate manner that enhances the likelihood of continued giving.
• Reporting: Manage activities including, but not limited to, annual reporting of endowed funds and current use funds so major gift donors have timely and direct knowledge about the use and impact of their donations.
• Personalized Strategies: Proactively consult with and provide expert support to gift officers in the design and execution of annual and multi-year stewardship plans for top donors and prospects.
• Communications: Serve as a resource to the Communications team in the development of communications that match the interests of donors and deepen loyalty to and engagement with Riley Children's Foundation.
• Naming: Collaborate with Foundation leadership, Development colleagues, and partners at Riley Children's Health and Indiana University, to identify, establish and implement a comprehensive naming policy that appropriately recognizes major and transformational gifts and inspires others to gift.
• Manage all ongoing related processes to ensure naming opportunities are appropriately vetted and approved by necessary parties, and that signage follows guidelines.
• Facilitate Opportunities: Advise on and facilitate the recognition of major and planned giving donors in meaningful ways during campaigns and on an ongoing basis.
• Oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive strategy for events that aligns with the Foundation's business plan and integrates with the Foundation's overall donor engagement strategy to cultivate and steward leadership, major gift and planned giving prospects and donors.
• Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
• Budget: Work with your officer/direct manager to develop, manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
• Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at Riley Children's Foundation.
• Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with all Foundation policies, as well as local, state and federal laws that govern business practices.
6. Other Duties as Assigned
• Riley Children's Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation Events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred. Certificate in fundraising management is an asset.
• Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of donor engagement and fundraising experience with 3 to 5 years of people management experience. Prior experience as a frontline fundraiser is preferred.
• Competencies/Skills: Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve Foundation goals. Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Focus on donor needs: Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within Foundation parameters. Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance Foundation effectiveness. Make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks. Make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organization. Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track details, data information and activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward. Set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the process and results. Solve problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem. Attention to detail and organization. Proficiency: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a key focus on Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with SharePoint is a plus. Proficiency in use of databases.
• Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work independently under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Creative and resourceful. Inquisitive and sharp minded coupled with demonstrated aptitude for strategic donor or customer experience strategy. Self-motivating and self-starting. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com