State Health Specialist (Early Childhood/Head Start) - Transition Resources Corporation (TRC)
- 30-Aug-2020 to 29-Sep-2020
- - Transition Resources Corporation
- Pendleton, IN, USA
- $38,391 - $42,998
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Seeking health/nutrition education professional to join our health/nutrition team. Position is based in Pendleton, IN and supports programs in Anderson and Muncie. Responsibilities include-- Assists the leader of health and nutrition services within Head Start programs, guiding the health and wellness curricula, providing health/nutrition education to families, program planning and monitoring, policy development and training. Contributes to program improvement through evaluation, self-assessment, monitoring and other program development efforts.
Since 1965, we have helped individuals and families access educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Transition Resources Corporation (TRC) carries out its mission in Indiana by providing Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Delaware (Muncie) and Madison (Anderson) counties, offering the Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG) opportunity to students of promise in several Marion County high schools and providing Housing Counseling services throughout the state.
1. Assists the Coordinator to develop, implement and evaluate systems for the delivery of health, nutrition and safety services. Includes center and, where applicable, home base services.
2. Meets federal, state, and program documentation requirements by maintaining accurate, objective, complete, timely, and well-organized child and family records, both on paper and in designated on-line systems. Maintains confidentiality regarding students and families.
3. Monitor health and nutrition services throughout program. Collect and use quality data to support the use of effective practices that have a positive impact on family and child outcomes, including school readiness.
4. Participate in the development of integrated school readiness plans.
5. Assists in development of program training plan. Facilitates and provides training, coaching and technical assistance to staff, parents and volunteers.
6. Assists in developing and monitoring of health and nutrition budgets. In coordination with supervisor who has responsibility for procurement of materials, identifies and prioritizes materials and equipment needed.
7. Works cooperatively with staff to integrate health and nutrition services with education, disability, parent engagement, and family services.
8. Creates, files and maintains reports and documentation as assigned. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
9. Assist with implementation of health services advisory committee.
10. The person in this position must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
11. Protects the safety of children by ensuring the implementation of active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
12. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
13. Develop and document progress on professional development plan for self. Facilitates and engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation's Core Values.
14. Participates in staff and parent meetings, committees and training sessions.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• A Bachelor's Degree in health related field, health education or nursing is required.
• Must be able to get certification for CPR and First Aid after hire and recertify as required.
• Minimum of one year of related work experience.
• Experience providing adult training and education preferred.
• Experience working with young children preferred.
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver's license, and vehicle insurance.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com