Staff Accountant - Society of Professional Journalists
- 01-Sep-2020 to 18-Sep-2020
- - Society of Professional Journalists
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- excellent benefits and paid leave
The Society of Professional Journalists is the nation's largest and most broad-based membership association for journalists. We are dedicated to the preservation of a free press as the cornerstone of our nation and our liberty. To accomplish this, SPJ hires smart, energetic individuals who are interested in improving the Society's offerings and operations while also making a name for themselves. After training, we get out of the way and give them the freedom to do just that.
Ideally, after training, this person will serve as the lead operations person, working with the Controller to oversee the overall financial management of SPJ (501c6), SDX Foundation (501c3) and several smaller journalism non-profits.
What we're looking for:
SPJ is looking for a full charge bookkeeper to oversee all of the Society's day to day operations.
This position reports directly to the Controller of the organization.
This position handles all HR functions and is the person who staff goes to for all personnel related questions
This person must have a clear understanding of double entry bookkeeping and how items on the income statement correlate to the balance sheet.
This position will be the primary accounting contact with our other clients as well as customers, members and vendors so good communication skills are a must.
Primary duties will include:
• Reconciling bank, credit card, merchant service accounts and other balance sheet accounts as necessary. Ability to understand and reconcile investment accounts a plus.
• Assisting with and inputting annual budget.
• Managing grants and grant reporting
• Preparing and entering month- and quarter-end journal entries.
• Processing all incoming cash receipts.
• Input and maintenance of financial data (including dues, meetings, giving and purchasing).
• Generating out-going payments to vendors and chapters.
• The maintenance of all personnel and payroll records.
• Managing the Society's benefits plans, including health and 401k
• Processing payroll through Paychex Payroll Service
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, résumé and three professional references to Linda Hall by Sept 18.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com