Director of Development - Step-Up, Inc.
- 08-Sep-2020 to 30-Sep-2020
- - Step-Up, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Step-Up's major development efforts to include grant writing, foundation and corporate donations, and individual donor fundraising. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising activities.
The mission of Step-Up, Incorporated is to provide comprehensive care and resources for wellness with dignity and inclusivity. In our daily activities, we strive to help people generate personal wellness through getting tested for HIV/STI's, accessing and adhering to medications, having safe housing, adequate nutrition, and sound mental health. For more than 17 years, Step-Up has been providing quality services to the community, by helping individuals stabilize and thrive within Marion County and the surrounding counties.
1. Oversee grant seeking including identification of new opportunities, research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
2. Create strong fundraising messages that appeal to potential donors.
3. Cultivate and meet with prospective donors and supporters on a regular basis to establish effective communication.
4. Grow a gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors.
5. Direct an annual fund program including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
6. Coordinate and organize fundraising special events.
7. Evaluate fundraising success for continual refinement and improved performance.
8. Meet and surpass fundraising targets.
9. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Step-Up within the community.
10. Staff the board's Fundraising Committee.
11. Oversee the creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
12. Maintain gift recognition programs. Maintain complete and orderly records.
13. Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities.
14. Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
15. Train volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices.
16. Ensure legal reporting requirements are satisfied.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, communications, English, nonprofit management or other related field. Fundraising certification (CFRE) is a plus.
Proficiency with Word and Outlook, ability to learn additional programs required.
Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, poised personality
Knowledge of and experience in fundraising, grant writing.
Self-starter who is goal driven, organized and demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks and goals.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume with cover letters to Todd Lare, Executive Director by Sept 30.