Family Nurse Practitioner (Part-time) - Trinity Free Clinic
- 08-Sep-2020 to 20-Sep-2020
- - Trinity Free Clinic, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Part-time - approximately 20 hours per week.
Trinity Free Clinic provides quality medical, dental, and health services with dignity and respect to the uninsured, under-insured, and low-income residents of Hamilton County through a professional and dedicated staff and volunteers.
We are seeking a pleasant and professional family nurse practitioner to work collaboratively with physicians, associate providers, and nursing/support staff in our Acute Care Clinics.
Provide Patient Care
o See adult and pediatric patients with a wide variety of acute/episodic medical problems and minor injuries.
o Provide routine follow up for patients seen at other clinics during the week including reviewing labs, writing referrals, providing patient education and counsel and collaboration with other providers.
o Contact patients by phone to answer questions and provide health counsel.
Facilitate follow up care and Maintain records
o Work with the Medical Operations Director to assure patients receive referral and follow up care as needed.
o Review and follow up on lab results ordered by other providers.
o Write orders needed for medications, lab work, mammograms and other treatments for patients seen at TFC.
o Follow up with providers regarding patients they have seen as needed.
o Maintain records for patient history, patient exam and diagnosis, plan of treatment, referral, and patient education.
Staff, Train and Assist as needed
o Staff Acute Care Clinics scheduled weekly
o Precept Pharmacy Interns as needed.
o Assist volunteers with the EMR as a "super user".
o Assist the Medical Operations Director as needed
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a hospital or office setting
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Current Indiana RN licensure
• Certified or eligible for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
• Prescriptive Rights in Indiana
• Legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
• Experience with Athena or EMR systems preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with patients, families and other support staff/volunteers
• Confidence and demonstrated judgment and ability to make decisions
• Flexibility in working with many different volunteers and patients from various cultures
• Passion for giving back to the under-resourced population
Click the APPLY button to submit your resume and cover letter by September 20.