Donor Services Team Lead - Wheeler Mission
- 08-Sep-2020 to 07-Oct-2020
- - Wheeler Mission Ministries
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Donor Services Team Lead assists the Director of Donor Services in facilitating donor giving and relationships through approved processes and accurate recording of information. Daily tasks require a high level of accuracy and critical thinking. Typical responsibilities include donor communication, data request fulfillment, reporting using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge NXT, and cash handling.
Wheeler Mission Ministries is committed to giving hope that changes lives through transformational relationship with Jesus Christ. Wheeler Mission Ministries considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of Wheeler Mission ministries have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Mission, Vision, and Core Values. Employees are encouraged and expected to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Faith – possess a sincere love of Christ and maintain a Christian walk that is evident of that love. Individual must be willing to sign and adhere to the Wheeler Mission Statement of Faith
2. Interpersonal Skills – maintains confidentiality, works cooperatively in a team setting, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things, and responds to donor requests with kindness and attention to detail
3. Organization – creates systems to track tasks and procedures, adapts well to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events while consistently producing the required results
4. Communications – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, makes donors and co-workers feel valued through written or verbal communications
5. Dependability – consistently at work and on time, willing to work overtime when required, follows instructions, responds to management direction, solicits feedback to improve personal performance, and completes tasks in a timely, detailed and accurate manner
6. Computer literacy – proficient in Microsoft Office, experience in database management, familiarity with file sharing services, and able to type 50+ wpm
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Obtain and maintain accurate information in donor records, event participant, volunteer and prospect records within Raiser's Edge and Research Point.
2. Creates and maintains policies and procedures for each process in the Donor Services Department.
3. Acts with professionalism, thankfulness, and a positive outlook when handling constituent and vendor requests through mail, e-mail, in person, and over the phone.
4. Completes reporting and database maintenance tasks as required showing initiative to identify and resolve inaccuracies on an ongoing basis.
5. Maintains the confidentiality of donor information stored in Wheeler Mission's database. Understands the value of information in Raiser's Edge and Research Point.
6. Seeks to grow and learn in both job tasks and Christian walk.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job the employee is required to talk, hear and type. This is largely a sedentary role. At times to properly store donor records and replenish supplies, it would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool or step ladder as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 35 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the employer.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Minimum bachelor's degree or 3+ years of database management experience
2. An ability to type a minimum of 40+ words per minute with a high degree of accuracy
3. Extensive experience and above average competence using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Experience in Blackbaud's donor database the Raiser's Edge NXT
2. Experience working for a nonprofit organization in human services, rescue mission, or ministry
3. Possess a valid state issued driver's license
Background Investigation and Drug Testing:
1. After a "conditional offer of employment" is made, the individual must pass a background investigation.
2. After a "conditional offer of employment" is made, the individual must sign a confidentiality agreement.
3. Wheeler Mission has a mandatory drug testing policy for all new employees. The successful applicant must submit to and pass a drug and/or alcohol test. This drug and/or alcohol testing may occur any time after the applicant receives a conditional offer of employment. All employees must sign and adhere to WM Drugs and Alcohol policy and remain free from addiction to drugs or alcohol.
This position may supervise and schedule 1-5 volunteers when needed for specific office tasks or when assisting at fundraising events. In the absence of the Director of Donor Services the position will supervise the daily operations of the Donor Services office.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time 40-hour per week position, generally with some flexibility working primarily Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A portion of this position may be completed in a work from home setting. Occasional evening or weekend overtime work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. Weekly trips to the bank may be required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.