Communications Manager (Part time or Full time) - Arts for Lawrence
- 08-Sep-2020 to 05-Oct-2020
- - Arts for Lawrence
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part-time hourly $15/hr. or full time salaried $32-34k annually
- Part time - OR - Full time
- No benefits. Flexible schedule some evening and weekends.
Part time (minimum 20 hrs) OR Full time
Arts for Lawrence seeks Communications Manager to join our growing team creating an arts destination at Fort Ben. The Communications Manager will oversee social media, digital and email news as well as print material to promote various arts programs and events.
Arts for Lawrence (AFL) is a nonprofit organization that connects arts and community to inspire everyone every day. Founded in 2006, AFL emerged as a response to the need for improving the cultural environment in Lawrence Township, Indianapolis. Located in the historic Theater at the Fort since 2015, AFL will open the new Fort Ben Cultural Campus in 2021, a new innovative cultural destination and public park. AFL fosters programming in visual arts, performing arts, and literary arts to reach underserved audiences, improve the local economy, and provide a sense of place for our diverse community members.
• Undertake daily tasks on social media platforms
• Oversee website content and updates
• Prepare and deliver promotional material for print and digital
• Write newsletter items & press releases
• Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
• Support marketing committee in organizing various projects
• Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
• Well-organized with a community-oriented approach
• Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office, various social media platforms, and Wordpress website management. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a strong advantage.
• Excellent communication and people skills
• BS in Communications, Marketing, Informatics or relevant field is a strong advantage
Click the APPLY button to submit resume with cover letter and three references to Judy Byron by Oct 5.