Manager of Member and Community Development - Downtown Indy Inc.
- 08-Sep-2020 to 07-Oct-2020
- - Downtown Indy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Please provide salary expectations
- Full Time
Function as a member of DII's Marketing and Communications Team to assist in the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan to position Downtown as a clean, safe and vibrant environment in which to live, work, learn and play.
Downtown Indy, Inc. exists to improve Downtown. It is action-oriented and addresses critical issues that affect Downtown's growth and well-being. DII focuses on planning and development, management and safety and marketing and activation of Downtown Indianapolis. DII has a strong team environment where success depends upon collaboration and coordination within the organization and with other agencies, businesses and government entities.
Engage the corporate community, members and non-members, in order to illustrate DII relevance and broaden exposure for DII mission-centric initiatives
A. Assist in leveraging sponsorship relations with corporate members on the delivery of benefits
B. Develop communication strategies and materials that will optimize corporate member retention for all staff
C. Develop (and plan) volunteer opportunities with top-tier members from area businesses/organizations to help meet DII's objectives and engage members
D. Assure corporate benefits are being delivered , consistent with each benefit level.
E. Manage, market and grow DII's Individual Patron Program and build strong, sustainable, individual engagement opportunities
F. Assist in the planning/managing of key constituent outreach initiatives, including annual State of Downtown, community forums, etc. in partnership with Events Team
Market Downtown, DII and its programs through public relations, cooperative opportunities and events
A. Share implementation responsibility with senior vice president of marketing, communications and events, senior communications director, events director, marketing manager and marketing Intern as outlined in communications and events plan and work plans
B. Promote Downtown as an ideal place to live, work and visit using social media and digital media tools
a. Generate, post and distribute social content on such platforms as Twitter, Facebook, Linked IN, and Instagram.
b. Contribute regularly to DII blog content utilizing members and third-party content
c. Support and contribute to DII website
C. Work with senior communications director with Downtown and DII program media coverage, press conferences and advisories as appropriate.
a. Serve as a spokesperson for organizational events and DII programs
D. Support senior vice president of marketing, communications and events to manage IDMI Board and host quarterly meetings
E. Continually improve productivity and service
a. Report Downtown benchmarks and results
b. Manage sponsors
c. Update internal database Information
d. Prepare administrative reports
e. Commit to contributing to DII's desire work.
• Communications and/or tourism-related bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years communications/public relations and community engagement experience
• Strong working knowledge of Downtown Indianapolis
• Experience with electronic content generation and social media including website content, electronic newsletters, blog posts, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
• Strong writing/editing skills for journalistic, advertising copy and business communications styles
• Ability to function on multiple projects with limited supervision
• Stellar written and spoken communications skills; able to coordinate and perform television interviews
• Ability to be proactive and take initiative
• Ability to meet one-on-one with members, assess needs and itemize action steps
• Ability to develop and implement project plans on schedule
• Basic understanding of purchase orders, invoices and job estimates
• Dedication and reliability
• Detail oriented
• Good customer service skills
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite Package
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.