Career Coach - Community Alliance of the Far Eastside (CAFE)
- 14-Sep-2020 to 13-Oct-2020
- - Community Alliance of the Far Eastside, Inc. (CAFE)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Career Coach is responsible for providing direct client services in the areas of employment coaching, employment preparation, and career readiness that yields quality employment outcomes and career choices for CAFE clients.
Direct Client Services / Coaching
• Provide coaching and guidance that assist clients in reaching their career goals.
• Match clients with appropriate job openings.
• Position clients for success in the job market.
• Coach clients 1:1 through job searching and career readiness opportunities.
• Work directly with client to build strong resume to satisfy client goals.
• Provide follow-up on monthly, quarterly, 6-month and yearly interval and as needed.
Coordination and Program Management
• Build strong relationships with hiring employers.
• Provide introductions to hiring employers with commendable follow-up.
• Facilitate job readiness workshops.
• Schedule, organize and attend mock interviews, and job fairs.
• Develop positive and professional rapport with clients and employers.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with industry organizations, and public agencies to source job openings.
• Travel to surrounding areas to meet specified goals and objectives.
Data Entry / Administration
• Responsible for tracking clients progress using computer database.
• Enroll clients into ETO data bases in a timely and accurate manner.
• Create job fair flyers and other promotional materials.
• Know understand, implement, and adhere to all Community Alliance of the Far Eastside policies and procedures.
The preceding essential function statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and functions for this position. Other tasks and functions may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization.
• Minimum education- High School or GED, Bachelor's preferred
• Experience with job placement, career development and workforce initiative preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Time management required to identify priorities; able to manage multiple and competing priorities effectively
• Dependable; flexible scheduling as needed
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the competencies and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.