2Gen Coach - Southeast Community Services
- 14-Sep-2020 to 02-Oct-2020
- - Southeast Community Services, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $35,000-$40,00 dependent upon experience
- Full Time
- benefits available
Do you have a passion for working with kids and their families? Do you enjoy creating vibrant programs to bring families together? Can you do all these things and enter data, too? Southeast invites you to apply for our 2Gen Coach Position.
The mission of Southeast Community Services, Inc. is to "work together to serve, strengthen and support financial stability in our neighbors in southeast Indianapolis." Southeast Community Services, Inc. (SECS) utilizes the Center for Working Families (CWF) program model for the delivery of our services. The program embraces four primary components to assist participants in moving toward financial stability. These components include employment, finances, education and access to work supports. In 2016, SECS began working with local schools and other partners in a more intentional manner to reach more families who may benefit from its services and to ensure that it is meeting the needs of entire families rather than just working-age adults. This whole-family approach is premised on the Aspen "Two Generation" (2Gen) model, placing equal emphasis on services and opportunities for both youth and for the adults in their lives.
As a 2Gen Coach, you are part of our vital work of economic mobility and your passion for providing exceptional service to our neighbors contributes to our high level of outcomes. Acting as a front-line coach to our neighbors you will communicate in an open, helpful and engaging tone and focus on finding the right pathway with each neighbor. Along with the SECS team you will be providing youth and family experiences that are food-secure, choice-based, STEAM-connected, and directly tied to CWF services to help connect families and pursue financial stability. Your commitment to this community means a willingness to work flexible hours that best meet the needs of participants and participate in community outreach.
Southeast Community Services, Inc. (SECS) utilizes the Center for Working Families (CWF) program model for the delivery of social services. The job responsibilities include:
• Assist with the development and scheduling of programs and services
• Ability to develop and deliver programs virtually as well as in person, when allowed.
• Develop relationships with agencies and organizations whose resources can help increase academic success for our neighbors.
• Uses the co-active coaching model to interact with community neighbors.
• Acts as a liaison between parents, and local schools and community partners.
• Uses multiple communication techniques with families: virtual, apps, texting, phone, video and in person
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and to work as a team member.
• Coordinate with 2Gen program manager social media postings and engagements for families
• communicate with schools regarding parent involvement activities.
• Maintains contact with kids and their families for purposes of providing ongoing support to assure success.
• Communicate with the staff at the school to discover ways SECS can supplement school activities.
• Coordinate outreach efforts to families from local community schools.
• Design and coordinate the delivery of enrichment camps during regular IPS intercessions including summer break.
• Attend at least one (assigned) neighborhood association meeting a month.
• Maintains accurate tracking of program data for grant reports and monitoring.
• Performs other job-related responsibilities, as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree in a human services field or at least two years related experience.
• Culturally competent and able to work with diverse family members.
• Experience with coordinating and hosting virtual meetings.
• Experience using recording software, hosting video conferences, and using group text apps.
• Experience with a variety of computer software programs, cloud back up services and the ability to learn new ones.
• Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
• Comfortable with creating and curating content infographs, editing and making videos and online content creation
• Experience with image editing a plus!
• Good writing skills, clear and concise with correct grammar and spelling
• Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Must have valid IN Driver's License, own reliable transportation with insurance as this position requires local travel.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter telling us about your passion for 2Gen work and a resume to Rachel Weaver by Oct 2. No phone calls please.