Office-Accounting Coordinator (part-time) - Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB)
- 20-Sep-2020 to 19-Oct-2020
- - Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $13.00 - $15.00/hr
- Part Time
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) is an environmental and community nonprofit with a mission to help people and nature thrive. We partner with neighborhoods, local government, universities, community groups, and businesses to achieve our
vision of an Indianapolis that is loved, cared for, and ecologically rich. We are also one of the most volunteered-for organizations in Indianapolis, working with about 20,000 volunteers each year to plant trees and native landscapes, organize litter cleanups, turn vacant lots into pocket parks, create outdoor classrooms, restore habitat, and educate and employ youth.
KIB helps people and nature thrive most effectively when we reflect the diversity of perspectives, voices, and abilities found throughout our city. The principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our work'from supporting biodiversity
in nature to engaging communities. KIB is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applicants'including persons of color; people who are LGBTQ; veterans; people who are multilingual or multicultural; and individuals of various ages and abilities'to help us create a team with a broad range of backgrounds and thinking.
The Office-Accounting Coordinator is responsible for administrative duties including managing the front desk duties, office administration, including the trash box process, coordinating office equipment maintenance, supplies, and other duties as assigned. This position is also responsible for processing Account Payable invoices, credit card reconciliations, processing deposits, and various accounting duties as assigned. The Office-Accounting Coordinator will work with all employees throughout the organization and will be instrumental in developing a culture that is inclusive for all. The ideal qualities are trustworthy, empathic, enjoys working with people, and demonstrate the flexibility to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Assist VP of Finance and Administration with accounting duties including:
• Processing full cycle Accounts Payable.
• Prepare and enter in accounting system monthly contract and corporate invoices.
• Process remote deposits for bank and enter in the accounting system.
• Monthly credit card reconciliations and entry in the accounting system.
• Monthly reconciliation of credit card transactions for online purchases.
• Process monthly ACH/EFT transactions.
• Maintain Fixed Assets schedule.
• Assist with audit preparation or special projects as assigned.
Front Office Duties
• Oversee all aspects front desk tasks including:
• Answering incoming calls and forwarding to appropriate staff.
• Reviewing and forwarding emails to KIB's main email address.
• Distributing mail and packages.
• Ordering and maintaining office supply inventory.
• General office duties as assigned
Manage Trash Box and Recycle Bin program
• Check in by phone or email on all orders after the office reopens
• Work with Cy and Kristina to order more trash boxes for 2020
• Take orders, collect payment, track, and distribute trash box and recycle bin orders
• Maintain inventory of trash boxes and keep track on a Google spreadsheet.
• Process orders received online, by phone, or walk-ins.
• Take minutes at VP-Director and staff meetings and distribute minutes.
• Set up conference room for Board and committee meetings.
Coordinate and maintain office maintenance
• Maintain front desk and conference rooms – cleaning after use or daily
• Manage conference room rentals program.
• Coordinate and schedule appointments with janitorial services, pest control, etc.
• Schedule maintenance for copier, postage machine, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum 2 years progressive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable experience and responsibilities
of handling various front office duties with a non-profit organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
• Knowledge of Abila MIP accounting software preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Teams, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to maintain a high level of Confidentiality.
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Excited about working at a dynamic nonprofit organization with other smart, motivated people where your hard work
has a real impact on the success of the organization – and is both noticed and rewarded.
• A real people person. You are comfortable greeting visitors, making our neighborhood partners feel welcome and
helping your fellow employees take care of meeting program demands.
• A team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done.
• Motivated to learn new skills and expand the scope of your responsibilities.
• Proactive, high-energy, and reliable.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.