Grant Compliance Specialist - Edna Martin Christian Center
- 28-Sep-2020 to 27-Oct-2020
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Provide analysis, post award services, and oversight to ensure compliance with OMB Uniform Guidance and grant specific requirements; serve as a resource for staff of grant funded programs for fiscal and programmatic compliance matters.
Essential Job Functions Grant Compliance
• Prepare and/or review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with government regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
• Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
• Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.
• Oversee purchasing policy and ensure that purchases conform to applicable Federal law and standards of the OMB Uniform Guidance.
• Interface with stakeholders/user departments to provide sound advice and recommendations regarding procurement actions.
• Conduct research, evaluate and present options for selection of contractors/subrecipients.
• Ensure subrecipient monitoring procedures are compliant with federal and other applicable regulations and are consistent with sound business practices.
• Monitor subrecipient compliance with federal regulations and the requirements of their subrecipient agreements through site visits, audits, and other mechanisms applicable to subrecipient monitoring. Recommend actions necessary to resolve issues/concerns.
• Provide guidance in interpreting and executing applicable regulations and subrecipient award terms and conditions.
• Assure nonprofit governance requirements of Board Bylaws are met including organizing meetings, maintaining required correspondence and mandatory registrations and assuring required records are retained.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, required
• Applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and compliance
Minimum 5 years progressive experience in federal grant management including procurement and subrecipient monitoring
• Working knowledge of nonprofit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms.
• Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to accounting and financial management and procurement systems, fund accounting experience desirable.
• Good research, data management, and statistical analysis skills
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Microsoft Office Applications, proficiency in Excel and Word
• Familiarity with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) data management software strongly preferred
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.