Family Centered Services Supervisor - Hoosier Families Inc.
- 28-Sep-2020 to 27-Oct-2020
- - Hoosier Families Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- generous benefits packet
Hoosier Families is a non-profit organization that provides Family Centered Services and Community and Home-Based Preservation Programs for Indiana children and families.'
Hoosier Families is committed to utilizing evidence-based practices to strengthen, rebuild and reunite the individuals and families we encounter. We are committed to the ongoing engagement and collaboration with other child and family welfare programs, including state agencies, to strengthen our family's connections to community resources. We are committed to go above and beyond for our children & families to ensure educational and judicial equity. We are committed to our Hoosier families.
To provide tangible skills that empower at risk children and families to achieve their highest quality of life.
For every child with a traumatic past; for every adult, who was once that child - to have a promising future.
Family Centered Services
Hoosier Families' Home-Based Family Centered Casework Services seeks the best approach to help strengthen the foundation of our families, improve stability, and help prevent incidences of child neglect. Hoosier Families goes above and beyond to help our families position themselves for reunification and uninterrupted permanency by utilizing a thorough assessment process to help identify key areas of improvement.
Family Centered Services Supervisor manage and support the day-to-day implementation of the Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) Service Standards for Family Centered Services using internal program plans, policies, and procedures which are based on Evidence-Based Programs (EBP) and best practices and Family Centered Services Performance Standards and Manage and Monitor assigned Family Centered Services Homebased Case Managers (HBCM) and Team Leads to ensure work is being conducted in a professional, ethical, and effective manner.
The Family Centered Services (FCS) Supervisor performs duties related to increasing the skill level of Homebased Case Managers (HBCM) and assures community and homebased service is delivered in a manner consistent with strength-based, family centered, and culturally competent values. The FCS Supervisor offers consultation and education to providers regarding the values of the model, monitors progress toward treatment goals, and assures that all necessary documentation for evaluation is gathered and recorded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages new/updated case referrals, assignments, transfers, safety and treatment plans, assessments, Incident reports, and discharges
• Provides coaching for Family Centered Services Team Members on best practices, Strength- Based, Evidence-Based and Support-Based Programs approaches, which are specifically designed to support clients and their families
• Ensures that HBCMs manage caseload within the compliance of the DCS Service Standard parameters and Provide support to Family Centered Services Staff within the guidelines of Hoosier Families and DCS Standards, and Accreditation (when needed)
• Ensures that HBCMs use community-based resources and available organizational resources to assure that services are based specifically on the needs of the child and family.
• Ensures that effective multi-system team decision making processes are performed and result in clinical efficacious, outcome-based plans which build upon the strengths and resources of the family and community
• Provide input in the development and implementation of various curriculum and Assist Family Centered Services staff in planning and implementing client need-based activities, ongoing client meetings, community resources, etc.
• Facilitates weekly supervision meetings with Family Centered Services Staff, Team Leads AND Chief Operating Officer, or, as warranted, individual supervision meetings. As part of this meeting, develops and tracks, and on a semi-annually and yearly basis, Professional Development plans with each Family Centered Services Team Member
• Implement Family Centered Services Staff evaluation process, as a tool for identifying FCS Staff (Employee and Contractor) Professional Development needs
• In collaboration with other Hoosier Families staff, Management and Leadership Team and the Board of Directors, participate in the design and implementation of the annual Hoosier Families Program Self-assessment
• Assist in developing procedures for transitioning clients into and out of the Family Centered Casework Services and Visitation programs and ensure procedures are implemented throughout the program and Collects the completion of all staff updates and reports for preparation of weekly outcome reports for reporting to Senior Management.
• Ensure that all Family Centered Services Team Members adhere to the strictest standards of health and safety
• Mitigation and Conflict Resolution between all Clients and Hoosier Families, Inc., Family Centered Casework Services Staff
• Participate in client and Family Centered Services Recruitment efforts
• Must be willing to work On-Call/Weekends
• Perform other duties as assigned
Master's or Doctorate degree in Social Work, Psychology, or directly related human services field from an accredited college.
• Must have the capacity to offer assistance and support to Management, Team Leads, and Family Centered Services Teams in the implementation and adaptation of curricula to individual client-based needs in a Community and Home-Based Setting
Attention: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for this position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Talk about how you have been successful in supervising team members in furthering the mission of the organization.
2. What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Click the APPLY button to aubmit cover letter and resume to Alexander Burks, Executive Director.