Research Associate - United Way of Central Indiana
- 28-Sep-2020 to 27-Oct-2020
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Lower to Mid $40k
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Strategic Information Team
Assist with research and analytical projects conducted by the Strategic Information Department in support of the organization's goals and objectives. Act as a liaison between the Strategic Information Department, internal partners (fundraising, marketing, and community impact) and external partners (including United Way's 87 partner agencies). Support Strategic Information data collection and analysis on Accreditation, Impact Fund data analysis, and community data analysis.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Director of Strategic Research and Analytics and other members of the Strategic Information team to define and design analytical projects.
• Support internal efforts to collect and analyze Accreditation data from UWCI partner Community Based Organizations (CBOs), including but not limited to:
o Work closely with organizations to ensure successful completion of accreditation and re-accreditation
o Analyze and interpret results of needs assessment data of current accredited CBOs
o Analyze and assess 990s and audited financials
o Assist in annual or biennial CBO gap analysis to identify new opportunities for accredited organizations and impact fund organizations
o Identify opportunities for process improvement
o Lead efforts to collect organize, scrub, validate, and analyze data collected from the new accreditation tool and re-accreditation tool
o Maintain contacts of accredited organizations
o Design Visualizations and Dashboard to inform data driven decisions
o Collaborate and co-lead efforts to design and implement New ED orientation quarterly webinars
• Lead efforts in building capacity building initiatives surrounding data collection and outcomes reporting for Grassroots and faith-based organizations.
• Serve as the primary resource for identify community data initiatives, trainings, reports, and resources available in Central Indiana
• Support SI in current and ongoing projects and data analytics
• Support Capacity Building team with data research and analytics
• Support CI team with Impact Fund application research
• Assist in the reporting and analysis of Impact Funds data using SQL.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards to track Impact metrics, understand data trends and create reports and visualizations for United Way team members.
• Help train internal and external partners on data-entry and data integrity.
• Develop and implement research designs, inclusive of methodology and appropriate statistical methods for analyzing data on assigned projects.
• Utilize ESRI GIS tools such as ArcGIS to create maps and provide understanding of variables in a given geographic location.
• Prepare and present research results and related implications and recommendations both in writing and verbal communications based on a demonstrated understanding of the given audience and research objectives.
• Assist with program evaluation and data analysis for UWCI programs and initiatives
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise with traditional and new research methods, analytical techniques, and technologies.
• Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
• Understanding of community data sets and community level analysis.
• Knowledge of SQL programming language, database structures and Business Intelligence (BI) analytics software preferred.
• Working knowledge of SPSS or relational database concepts and other business analytics tools is preferred.
• Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Functional knowledge of Esri products suite, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online preferred.
• Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.