Program Assistant - Foster Success
- 28-Sep-2020 to 25-Oct-2020
- - Foster Success
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
As part of the Foster Success team, the Program Assistant advances the organization's mission by ensuring students have access to programs and resources. The Program Assistant works primarily with the Director of Education Programs, to provide support to ETV program staff and ensure smooth functioning of the ETV operations, and serves as a resource for program policies and procedures.
This position reports to the Director of Education Programs
Foster Success is committed to improving the foster care system and ensuring that youth and young adults transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 25. Our team accomplishes this through programs, policy change, and partnerships in the areas of K-12 & post-secondary education, workforce development, health & well-being, financial capability, housing, and youth engagement.
Student Support and Program Administration - Serve as the initial contact for ETV students. Review and process all student applications and required documents for accuracy and completion. Contact students for missing information and documents. Administer the distribution of supplies, such as laptops, for participating students in a timely manner.
Payment Processing - Process student disbursement and stipend payments for ETV and other programs. As needed, mail checks for tuition and other payments. Serve as the organizational contact with ADP and manage related processes and inquiries. Serve as the primary point person for all youth stipends.
Data Tracking - Update student records and relevant program information in the Salesforce Database in real-time. Track and report payment processing dates and amounts. Support the Director of Education Programs in meeting ETV reporting requirements.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to represent Foster Success with the Indiana Department of Child Services and partner organizations.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes some weekends and/or evenings in order to meet program goals.
• Proficiency in computer skills and experience with and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, and Google and Microsoft Products.
• Valid Indiana State Driver's License and access to a vehicle or ability to rent a vehicle for work-related travel.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Oct 25.