Assistant Director of Outreach and Engagement - Foster Success
- 28-Sep-2020 to 25-Oct-2020
- - Foster Success
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits packag
As part of the Foster Success team, the Assistant Director of Outreach and Engagement advances the organization's mission by ensuring students have access to education programs and resources and is responsible for the establishment and operation of educational activities designed to build a post-secondary pipeline for students.
This position reports to the Director of Education Programs
Foster Success is committed to improving the foster care system and ensuring that youth and young adults transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 25. Our team accomplishes this through programs, policy change, and partnerships in the areas of K-12 & post-secondary education, workforce development, health & well-being, financial capability, housing, and youth engagement.
Primary responsibilities for this position are based in Central and Northwest IN. While day to day activities will support students across the state, specific program responsibilities will require additional work, in the Northwest region where the Assistant Director will lead a new outreach initiative, and in Central Indiana where the Assistant Director will manage the day-to-day operations of a six-week residential summer bridge program - Catalyst.
Student Outreach and Engagement: Develop and implement statewide outreach and engagement strategies for individuals who have experienced foster care looking to enroll in post-secondary education programs with specific attention to those individuals in high school or who are looking to return to school. Work collaboratively with the statewide partners including members of the ETV team, high school teachers and administrators, college and university faculty and staff, Indiana Department of Child Services staff and Older Youth Services Providers, and other state agencies and community organizations.
Program Administration, Data Tracking, and Reporting: Update student records and relevant program information in the organization's Salesforce Database in real-time. Support the Director of Education Programs in meeting monthly ETV Program Reporting Requirements. Track and report outcomes related to education programs outside of the ETV program.
Program Delivery: Work with colleagues and partners to develop, direct, and implement Catalyst (a summer bridge program). Manage the Catalyst budget and related reporting.
• Bachelor's degree is required. Degree in any of the following disciplines is preferred: Education, Social Work, Human Development, or related field.
• 5 years of strong performance in education, advocacy, non-profit, or other relevant experience.
• Prior experience conducting college outreach or recruitment activities.
• Experience managing budgets and tracking budget expenditures
• Ability to represent Foster Success with senior-level partners, agencies, and elected officials.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes some weekends and/or evenings in order to meet program goals.
• Proficiency in computer skills and experience with and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, and Google and Microsoft Products.
• Valid Indiana State Driver's License and access to a vehicle or ability to rent a vehicle for work-related travel.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Oct 25.