Manager of Marketing and Communications - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- 28-Sep-2020 to 27-Oct-2020
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package
Want to join a great team and make a difference each and every day? We're looking for a Manager of Marketing & Communications Manager to join the fight against hunger!
The Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for development and execution of our marketing campaigns and communications initiatives across all channels to meet organizational needs and shape a sustainable tradition of annual support. Working with the Senior Director of Communications Strategy and the Graphic and Digital Design Specialist, they will promote the Gleaners brand to all stakeholders through digital and print platforms. The individual holds key oversite for Gleaners' website, social media channels, email marketing, special event promotion, and direct marketing., including project management responsibilities for the direct mail cultivation and acquisition programs. Coordinates with and supports the Senior Director of Communications & Strategy and the Chief Philanthropy Officer. Supervises the Graphic and Digital Design Specialist.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
• Develop and coordinate the execution of marketing strategies to increase awareness, engagement, and revenue goals.
• Oversight of Gleaners' online presence including web content, blog, paid search and SEO, and social media strategy; monitoring and analytics reporting as requested.
• Develop content for and oversee the creation and distribution of email marketing and solicitation, including eNewsletters and email solicitations; support Volunteer eNews as needed.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic annual giving plan to include: project management of direct mail cultivation and acquisition programs and communications to formalize Gleaners' annual fund program.
• Plan and assess technology needs for communication and fundraising, donor recognition, etc.
• Perform departmental administrative functions including input into development and monitoring of departmental budgets, maintaining transparency with Outlook calendar, timely response to emails, and active participation in staff and departmental meetings, and board or board committee meetings as requested.
• Supervisory responsibility for the Graphic and Digital Design Specialist.
• All other duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience in related field.
• Three or more years of marketing or communications experience, with strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in multichannel marketing.
• Ability to manage a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment, responding quickly and professionally to competing priorities.
• Graphic design skills helpful, working with Adobe Creative Suite products and WordPress web management platform
• Demonstrated planning, process, and implementation skills
• Demonstrated understanding of effective constituent stewardship, including donors and other key stakeholders.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate strong leadership and supervision skills.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with coordination and preparation of project budgets.
• Continuous improvement methodology.
• Proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, Access, Excel, mail merges and transcription
• Knowledge of and familiarity with donor database systems/CRM and online advocacy tools a plus
• Strong project manager with attention to details in planning and execution.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically.
• A commitment to full and visible participation as a hunger relief leader in the community.
• Ability to work well, build rapport and make persuasive case for support with diverse constituent groups, both internally and externally.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Valid driver's license/Clean driving record /Must be insurable by company vehicle insurance provider.
Core Competencies: Communication, Customer Service, Reliability/Dependability, Respect and Integrity, Teamwork, Work Habits/Planning, Leadership, Operational Management, People Management & Strategic Thinking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to push, pull, lift, move and carry up to 25 pounds at least 1% of the time.
• Ability to move within/between Department or Facility.
• Ability to sit, stand, speak clearly, see, feel and have manual dexterity.
• Ability to drive.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Both an office and a warehouse environment, which may be noisy.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the position.
• Travel up to 5 % of the time, with occasional overnight stays.
• Fast-paced and deadline oriented.
• Work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work with others, both verbally and face to face.
• Frequent use of computer and software systems.
• Appropriate professional appearance expected.
• Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings occasionally as needed (special events/meetings).
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.