Director of Development - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- 05-Oct-2020 to 04-Nov-2020
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The Development Director identifies and develops varied and sustainable sources of funding for agency programs, communicates the mission of the agency to the wider community, and builds community relations to promote and advance the agency's goals. The Director of Development oversees all fundraising, communications, and community engagement activities for the agency.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing reliable funding resources from and effectively advocating for the agency's mission with individuals, corporations, foundations, faith-based entities, and other community organizations.
1. Develop and oversee an annual fundraising plan to secure private funding from individuals, corporations, foundations, faith-based entities, and community organizations that align with the mission of the agency
2. Research and identify prospective donors and funders and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
3. Build relationships with current donors to sustain and upgrade their support
4. Plan and execute all agency fundraising and community events, including an annual gala, World Refugee Day celebration, and small donor relations events
5. Develop all print and digital collateral for fundraising and donor relations activities, including annual appeals, funding proposals, annual reports, event invitations, videos, etc. Serve as the liaison for any contracted services.
6. In collaboration with the Community Engagement Coordinator, direct and implement all print and digital marketing efforts (brochures, social media, website, email)
7. Represent the agency at public speaking engagements and serve as media relations back-up to the Executive Director
8. Supervise the Community Engagement Coordinator in implementing the Volunteer Program and community outreach activities
9. Supervise the Grants Coordinator and assist with the development of proposals or conduct site visits with funders
10. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the donor database and provide relevant reports to the Executive Director, Board, and Finance Manager
11. Serve as the staff liaison to the Board Development Committee
• Bachelor's degree with additional philanthropic studies preferred.
• Must have at least three years of experience with a background in fundraising, event planning, grant writing, communications, marketing and/or public relations. Must possess strong record-keeping skills.
• PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to refugees.
• Must be a passionate Human Rights advocate, who can promote the mission of refugee resettlement.
• Must be able to work both independently and as a part of a diverse multi-cultural team.
Click the APPLY button submit a cover letter and resume. No walk-ins or phone calls. Please provide salary expectations in your cover letter.