Development Coordinator - Little Red Door Cancer Agency
- 05-Oct-2020 to 26-Oct-2020
- - Little Red Door Cancer Agency
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Development Coordinator is a full-time position that reports directly to the Manager, Strategic Partnerships. The Development Coordinator assists the Development Team with implementation of engaging cultivation and stewardship strategies that enhance and grow relationships with current and prospective donors. This entails supporting the Director and CEO with bi-monthly Board Meeting preparation, creation and distribution of stewardship pieces as appropriate, using a CRM to pull reports and appropriately track cultivation and stewardship communication, planning and management of cultivation and stewardship events and prospect research in collaboration with gift officers.
Additionally, the Development Coordinator is charged with the responsibility of managing all logistics related to the, planning, execution, and evaluation of agency signature events and selected third-party events. The Development Coordinator works with and through the Manager, Strategic Partnerships and Chief Advancement Officer on all fundraising programs (particularly agency signature events and third party) and works in conjunction with other Departments on activities designed to enhance and support the overall mission of the Agency.
This position will also serve as the main point of contact for all individual and group service project volunteers. This entails responding to inquires in a timely manner, facilitating volunteer orientations, training volunteers and volunteer groups on specific tasks/projects, and scheduling volunteer activities. Identify and recruit appropriate volunteers and/or groups utilizing traditional and non-traditional avenues. Navigate appropriate volunteer groups and/or individuals to help with development activities and third-party fundraisers; those not meeting the criteria for service projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
• Implements and manages approved Agency signature events and fundraising initiatives; serve as point-person with outside consultants/contract services in the creation of specific projects. Events include: Face of Hope Breakfast(s), Evening of Hope, portions of Cancer Survivor's Day, and the Camp Little Red Door Golf Outing.
• Clearly endorse and communicate the vision of the organization.
• Cultivate new opportunities to fundraise and advance the organization with focus being third-party partnerships and Agency signature events; enhance relationships via volunteerism.
• Utilize record keeping system(s) for tracking donor and volunteer participation with input from board committees and staff.
• Analyze the need and opportunity for fundraising events, working with volunteers, staff, and committees.
• Prepare content and materials needed for fundraising and signature events as approved
• Prepare content and materials needed for donor cultivation and stewardship, including, but not limited to, proposals to donors and prospective donors, gift recognition, acknowledgement materials, and appeal letters.
• Research potential donors as directed and potential volunteer partners.
• Keep up with current trends of fundraising, donor cultivation programs, practices, and procedures used in nonprofit sector.
• Keep up with current trends of volunteer management, practices, and procedures used in the nonprofit sector to cultivate and strengthen relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to strengthen and expand fundraising efforts.
• Complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
• Excellent organizational, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work well and collaboratively with a team.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit donations.
• Plan and manage fundraising events.
• Ability to passionately embrace the mission of Little Red Door Cancer Agency.
• Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends as needed.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience in: fundraising, donor relations, cultivation, donor research, event planning is preferred.
• Event planning experience for events/fundraisers hosting 500 guests preferred.
• Experience in volunteer management strongly preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experienced user of Salesforce (or similar database) preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work is performed primarily in an office setting.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by October 26.