Managing Social Worker (Licensed) - Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center
- 05-Oct-2020 to 28-Oct-2020
- - Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive and commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Benefits are available to full time employees
Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center's mission is to empower people with help, hope and opportunity. We are looking for an experienced licensed social worker (LSW or LCSW) to supervise and develop social work staff/interns; serve clients with multiple services including emergency resources during COVID-19; and lead social worker services collaboratively with the whole Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center team.
Since 1911, one thing hasn't changed about Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center: Our devotion to helping others. The Center provides social services to the West Indianapolis neighborhood, home to around 8,000 individuals, and increasingly serves a wider geographic audience through a diverse set of funding streams. With a full-time staff of 20+ and a significant support staff of interns, we are working together with our clients to create better opportunities. MRNC has an average annual revenue between two and three million dollars and a strong financial position, making it well positioned to be investing in the programs and talent our clients need to survive the pandemic and emerge stronger. We are a destination for BSW and MSW student interns from multiple universities across the city and offer professional and academic development through a semester-long practicum.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Deliver professional social work and mental health services
• Conduct assessment and provide clinical evaluation of client's mental health and diagnose mental health challenges
• Provide individual and group counseling in community-based and employer-based settings to help clients achieve progress toward economic stability and improve overall functioning
• Recommend best course of treatments based upon current clinical research in social work field
Develop social work staff and social work interns
• Lead and train others as they develop professional skills and provide effective services to clients
• Assist in developing and implementing social work training curriculum that includes experience providing mental health assessment and interventions to clients
Assist in agency-wide emergency COVID-19 response
• Distribute emergency financial assistance to clients to help them maintain housing stability and connect clients to resources and supportive services
Manage social work program administration
• Ensure accurate and complete program reporting, performance data tracking, and data quality assurance for human service outcomes systems to ensure compliance and timely reporting
• Assist organization in developing new earned income funding to support the ongoing mission
Position requires prior relevant experience in the job responsibilities below and at least 5 years prior experience providing mental health counseling/therapy and a strengths-based social work approach with clients. Experience working with individuals with dual diagnosis is preferred.
Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center wants a strong and diverse pool of candidates to interview for our open positions. We welcome interest from anyone who has a passion for our work and the commitment to get it done. If you believe you have experience and a passion for helping individuals and families facing the challenges of inner-city poverty needed for this position, please apply, we want to hear from you.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by October 28.