Case Manager - Exodus Refugee Immigration, Inc.
- 12-Oct-2020 to 11-Nov-2020
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Starting salary at $35,000
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package available
Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc. is seeking a case manager to deliver support to newly arrived refugees through the agency's Reception and Placement Program.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The Case Manager works closely with newly arrived refugees providing intensive case management services and assisting them with setting up social service benefits, medical appointments, orientation to the U.S., enrollment of children in school, and many other services. Essential duties include:
• Provides comprehensive orientation and intake to newly arriving refugees that assesses client needs and goals.
• Educates clients throughout the program period on how to access needed services so that refugees are able to attain and maintain self-sufficiency once completing Exodus programs.
• Ensures the provision of mandated core services including a health department screening, applying for social security cards, public benefits, medical care, school enrollment, and all other required services.
• Maintains up-to-date programmatic knowledge.
• Provides information and referrals that are culturally and financially appropriate to assist clients in maintaining basic needs and reaching self-sufficiency.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal program guidelines and policies and procedures of the agency.
• Provides or secures transportation to refugees for needed services.
• Secures interpreters for clients who have limited understanding of the English language.
• Documents all services provided to clients in case notes.
• Prepares client reports within required deadlines.
• Coordinates with Exodus staff on other client needs that arise and makes referrals accordingly.
• Ensures that the program goals and outcomes are achieved.
Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in human services or social work. Preferably has experience with case management in an international and/or human services setting. Preferably candidates should have some experience in helping others access community resources. Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds who have experienced traumatic circumstances. Fluency in English and one of the following languages is preferred: Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kinyarwanda, Spanish, Swahili, or Tigrinya. Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to the mission of providing compassionate and responsive services to refugee clients. Must be able to function as part of a diverse team. Must have a valid driver's license, insurance, and vehicle that can be used to transport clients to and from appointments.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume. No phone calls or walk-ins please.