Township Assistance Director - Washington Township, Hendricks County
- 12-Oct-2020 to 11-Nov-2020
- - Washington Township, Hendricks County
- Avon, IN, USA
- $36,000 - $40,000 Based on experience
- Full Time
Are you caring enough to assist people in need, patient enough to guide them through the necessary paperwork and tough enough to say "no" when you need to? Then we are looking for you!
To interview, assess and investigate an applicant's financial request and situation, to provide crisis intervention, counseling and education, and to make referrals to appropriate agencies and community partners. Qualifications are based on guidelines set forth by the Indiana Township Association and the Washington Township Board. This position performs its duties and responsibilities in accordance with Indiana State Statutes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Complete in-depth interviews with applicants to determine their eligibility for assistance.
2. Act as applicants' advocate throughout the process by communicating with them about missing paperwork, referring them to other assistance agencies that can help long-term, and partnering with vendors to accept Trustee pledges.
3. Conduct comprehensive review of each applicant's case to determine eligibility for assistance. This includes applicants' submitted paperwork, public records, employment verification, and communication with landlords, utility agencies, and other vendors.
4. Stay up-to-date with eligibility requirements and assistance offerings of various social service agencies, including community organizations
5. Stay up-to-date with changes in Indiana State Statutes and Indiana Township Association guidelines for township assistance.
6. Ensure that intake, case management and outreach practices comply with national, state and agency guidelines.
7. Maintain an organized assistance case file. This includes keeping an updated appointment calendar and tracking the status of all open cases in a format that the Deputy Trustee and Trustee can refer to when Township Assistance Director is out of the office.
8. Maintain computer database of applicant files, including all information required for the annual TA-7 form.
9. Maintain records required for follow-up and SBOA review.
10. Regularly communicate status of cases with the Deputy Trustee and keep them apprised of changes in assistance guidelines and statutes.
11. Respond to all incoming calls, voicemails, and emails within 24 working hours.
12. Facilitate the development, planning and implementation of department goals and objectives as outlined in the Washington Township and Township Assistance Strategic Plan.
13. Act as a liaison between community partners requesting grant assistance and the Township Board.
14. Develop and adhere to annual Operating and Capital Improvement budgets as presented to and approved by the Washington Township Trustee and the Washington Township Board.
15. Create monthly Township Assistance reports for presentation at Township Board meetings.
16. Update Township Assistance Guidelines annually, submit to Trustee and Board for approval, and record at the Hendricks County Commissioners office per state statute.
17. Maintain library of instructions for tasks performed by Township Assistance Director
18. Attend conferences and trainings relevant to this position
19. Answer the door and main phone line as needed
20. Keep interview room and desk clean and sanitized in accordance with CDC guidelines
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to deal courteously and firmly with the public and demonstrate sound independent judgment.
2. Certification in infant, child and adult CPR and Standard First Aid. Must be certified within 6 months of employment.
3. Strong organization and time management skills
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Windows operating system, data entry, and internet browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
5. Experience creating and maintaining a budget.
6. Discretion and ethical conduct
7. Sense of project and task ownership
8. Ability to prepare and deliver both oral and written reports as required.
A Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Social Work or a related field is recommended, but not required.
Click the APPLY button for online application.