Development & Marketing Coordinator - Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School
- 12-Oct-2020 to 11-Nov-2020
- - St. Richard’s Episcopal School (SRES)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Horizons at St. Richard's Episcopal School is a full-day summer program designed to inspire curiosity and deep engagement in learning for students from under-resourced families in Indianapolis. Our mission is to reduce summer learning loss to inspire, build, and transform educational outcomes for our students. Our program embraces high quality academic learning through project-based learning, field trips, enrichment activities, community building, and small-group settings with licensed teachers (15 students per grade level) to encourage students to learn and grow. Horizons works to build, not only healthy minds but also, healthy bodies by teaching our students how to swim. Learning to swim builds physical, academic, and social-emotional confidence. Horizons creates an environment that fosters a love of learning and the academic and social skills essential to becoming responsible citizens. We maintain our community with quarterly programming offered throughout the school year to compliment our summer program. We are a family of committed learners. Our program has an 80%+ student return rate and a 94% daily attendance rate.
We are looking for a dedicated, creative-thinking Development & Marketing Coordinator to provide support to the Executive Director. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Coordinator is our chief storyteller and relationship manager. The Coordinator collects and packages heartfelt success stories and visual images to help cultivate and solicit major annual gift support. The coordinator directs and administers all aspects of communications and annual giving, which includes but is not limited to the following: social media, direct mail, donor database management, gift processing and accounting, event planning, grant research and writing, donor recognition and stewardship, and corporate support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work in partnership with the Executive Director and Development Committee to create and execute a robust stewardship and communication plan to ensure donors stay up-to-date and engaged in key organizational happenings. Utilize tools, metrics, and annual goals for evaluating and reporting on donor engagement and efficacy of various efforts.
• Lead the development of donor messaging and communications for key audiences. Ensure messaging is consistent and compelling across mediums – stories, emails, appeals, grant proposals, event promotions, social media posts and more.
• Lead planning efforts for Horizons two main fundraising events, Trivia Night and Horizons Giving Day, and any future events, including coordination and management, marketing and promotion, and sponsorship solicitation.
• Research potential grants. Manage the organizational grants calendar and ensure the maintenance of current records, including contact management, grant tracking, and reporting.
• Process all gifts and ensure donors are thanked in a timely manner.
• Represent Horizons at various community events to raise awareness, recruit teachers, students, and volunteers and to identify potential program partners or sponsors.
• Assist the Executive Director in planning, coordinating and implementing summer program and year-round family program events (i.e. Middle School night, holiday dinner).
• Capture images of the Horizons program and events to share with key audiences.
• Remain up-to-date in industry best practice and leading efforts for engaging and communicating with donors of all types.
• Bachelor's degree or comparable experience, plus a minimum of two years of experience in a fundraising role
• Enjoys working with children and building relationships with program families
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and conversational skills. Exhibits emotional intelligence and situational awareness
• Displays excellent writing abilities, strong case development and pitching skills, and capacity to produce high-quality presentations
• Proven expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including those served through the program, internal leadership, volunteers, executives, and prominent donors
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal administrative support. Must be highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace. Must keep good documentation through contact reports and activity tracking
• Demonstrated drive to achieve agreed upon goals within agreed upon timeframes. Shows follow through in tasks.
• Enjoys problem solving, thinks strategically and creatively, and takes initiative
• Is a team player with an ability to collaborate effectively with Horizons and St. Richard's students and families, board members, faculty and staff, and volunteers for successful implementation of program
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to the attention of AmySue Bacon, Executive Director.