Chief Development Officer - Foster Success
- 12-Oct-2020 to 08-Nov-2020
- - Foster Success
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- competitive benefits
The Chief Development Officer will work to build and implement external communications and development plans to ensure that Foster Success has scalable, measurable, and diverse partnerships and funding streams. The primary responsibility of the Chief Development Officer is to lead development strategies to further advance programs and resources leading to the successful transition of youth and young adults from foster care into adulthood.
The Chief Development Officer is part of the senior leadership team and reports directly to the CEO & President.
Foster Success is committed to improving the foster care system and ensuring that youth and young adults transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 25. Our team accomplishes this through programs, policy change, and partnerships in the areas of K-12 & post-secondary education, workforce development, health & well-being, financial capability, housing, and youth engagement.
Fundraising/Development - Lead all fundraising events and planning efforts. Build and implement the organization's development plan to ensure organizational sustainability. Maintain excellent relationships with donors, sponsors, and funders. Invite new donors, sponsors, and funders to support the organization's works. Maintain accurate and timeline information in the donor database.
Marketing/Communications - Develop and coordinate the execution of marketing strategies to increase awareness, engagement, and revenue goals. Specific activities may include developing content for and overseeing the creation and distribution of email marketing and direct mail communication and solicitation and social media activities.
Organizational Leadership -
As a member of the Foster Success Leadership Team, the Chief Development Officer is expected to:
• Work with Foster Success team members to shape organizational opportunities and strategies.
• Represent Foster Success in matters which have significant financial impact/implications.
• Create and manage related budgets: track and create reports regarding program expenditures.
• Write regular grant proposals and update reports for funders and program stakeholders.
• Adhere to confidentiality requirements for all client information.
• Seek regular professional development and learning opportunities that support the specialized training needed to be effective in your role.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 7+ years demonstrated success in the areas of fund diversification and development, strategy development, and external communications ideally in a comparable setting.
• 5+ years working with high-performing teams toward measurable goals.
• Ability to represent Foster Success with senior-level partners, agencies, and elected officials.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes some weekends and/or evenings in order to meet program goals.
• Proficiency in computer skills and experience with and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, and Google and Microsoft Products.
• Valid Indiana State Driver's License and own transportation for travel required.
All employees are required to:
• Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in Foster Success Employment agreements and the organizational Handbook including all confidentiality requirements for all client information.
Click the APPLY button to submit a resume and cover letter by November 8 for full consideration.