District Marketing Director, North District - YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
- 12-Oct-2020 to 11-Nov-2020
- - YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
North Distrcit includes: Jordan YMCA, Fishers YMCA, Witham YMCA and Westfield YMCA
Under the direction of the Association Senior Director [of Marketing; of PR & Communications; or of Membership Sales & Retention], the District Marketing Director is responsible for effectively recommending, developing and implementing approved marketing plans for their Centers' and District's programs, activities and events, and for Association programs, activities and events, as assigned, to optimize revenue, engagement and retention. The District Marketing Director is also responsible for developing and promoting a positive YMCA image in the community through marketing communication, including newsletters; blogs; articles; press releases; social media posts; print; photography; videos; websites; and other media/channels for sharing inspirational Y stories.
The District Marketing Director is expected to work one weekly Manager on Duty shift (e.g., a 5 – 8 PM evening shift or, less frequently, one weekend shift), rotating to support a different Center in their District each week.
• A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, a related field, or its equivalent, and 3-5 years professional experience
• Positive, flexible team member with "can do" attitude and ability to lead through influence and inspire collaboration
• Strong marketing and public relations skills; high level of written, digital, visual and oral communication skills; plus relational skills including tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner
• Ability to use desktop publishing for marketing functions; familiarity with ACTIVENet and YMCA of Greater Indianapolis digital technology/tools (e.g., Delivra; Hootsuite; InDesign; MobileFiT; WordPress; social media channels) as well as future tools such as Marketing Cloud (proficiency will be required in the role); ability to quickly adopt new technology/tools required
• Experience with maintaining websites and other digital media to engage and inform customers
• Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and handle numerous projects concurrently
• Knowledge of budget development and management, income production and expense control
• Ability to establish positive relationships with community organizations and corporations in promotion of membership, programs and the YMCA mission
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Please be prepared to submit a resume' and cover letter, writing sample (a blog or story) and a favorite design sample (promoting a program or activity). Additionally, please make note of your hours of availability on the application.