Facilities Engineer (Part-time) - Second Presbyterian Church
- 02-Nov-2020 to 01-Dec-2020
- - Second Presbyterian Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Facilities Engineer works in close partnership with other Facilities Staff in the implementation of resources for events and projects.
Second Presbyterian Church is a welcoming community of faith where Jesus Christ transforms lives. Our 3,500 member congregation is committed to dynamic ministries that offer spiritual nourishment, cultivate a sense of belonging , serve the wider community, and provide a place of deep engagement.
The Facilities Engineer, Part-time, is accountable to the Session of the Second Presbyterian Church through the Personnel Committee of Second Presbyterian Church and serves under the direction of the Director of Facilities Management and Security, who is responsible to the Director of Finance and Operations and the Senior Pastor of Second Presbyterian Church.
• Holds and demonstrates Christian values.
• Strong communication skills, friendly disposition, positive attitude, flexible, good followthrough, dependable and reliable.
• Strong team skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• High degree of flexibility'this position is generally a set schedule of 24 hrs/week. Flexibility is required as the schedule can, and often does change during the week.
• High school graduate or GED, minimum
• Strong physical attributes'must be able to work a variety of tasks calling for repetition with moderate weights and frequent material handling tasks involving heavy weights.
• Must be able to work around equipment with magnetic fields and electronic switching devices.
• Computer skills.
• Valid Indiana driver's license.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including essential job functions)
• Completes support functions such as room set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs, and other equipment.
• Cleaning and disinfecting rooms and spaces before and after use to diminish the chance of Covid-19 presence.
• Works in close partnership with other Facilities Engineers in the implementation of resources for events and projects, which may include the moving of heavy objects such as pews, panels, audio-visual equipment, and/or items used in religious services.
• Maintenance such a minor repairs, painting, landscaping/mulching, leaf blowing and collection, weed and brush clearing, snow removal and salt application.
• May be called upon to direct traffic in the various parking lots in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to use standard hand tools and small power tools (i.e. screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, saws, drills, etc.).
• Some carpentry and/or mechanical skill preferred, but not required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.