Arena Database Administrator - Second Presbyterian Church
- 02-Nov-2020 to 01-Dec-2020
- - Second Presbyterian Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- benefits available
The Arena Database Administrator oversees all ChMS administration and project management involving ChMS data at Second Presbyterian Church.
Second Presbyterian Church is a welcoming community of faith where Jesus Christ transforms lives. Our 3,500 member congregation is committed to dynamic ministries that offer spiritual nourishment, cultivate a sense of belonging , serve the wider community, and provide a place of deep engagement.
The Arena Database Administrator is accountable to the Session of Second Presbyterian Church through the Personnel Committee of Second Presbyterian Church and serves under the direction of the Director of Production and Systems Management, the Director of Finance and Operations and the Senior Pastor of Second Presbyterian Church.
• Hold and demonstrates Christian values
• Ability to train staff and volunteers
• Ability to organize, administer and follow through
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects and adapt production timelines to changing conditions
• Ability to acquire skills and knowledge for future needs and goals
• Tolerant, patient and understanding of diverse user levels
• Capable of communicating and working effectively with all levels of staff and members
• Expertise in personal computer hardware and software
• Ability to help diagnose and manage software/hardware problems in a multi-level environment (server, personal computer, hand held computer, diverse software programs, varying degrees of user ability and understanding.)
• Information systems knowledge including Microsoft Office suite, internet/intranet and database concepts
• Experience with Shelby Arena database
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws including PCI Compliance and HIPAA
RESPONSIBLITIES: Include Essential Job Functions
• Oversees all ChMS administration and project management involving ChMS data at Second Presbyterian Church (including Children' Circle Preschool and CenterPoint Counseling)
• Day-to-day operation and maintenance of ChMS, including data integrity enforcement, background check processing, contribution statement preparation, check-in set-up and support, security, forms creation, workflows creation, event registrations, list
configurations, mailings, and reporting.
• Train, assist, and monitor all ChMS user activity
• Coordinate, schedule and test upgrades to ChMS in both production and test (sandbox) environments
• Maintain, provide training and operate certification and preparation software/hardware of Shelby MailRoom software
• Work with staff, committees and groups with the church to provide data (reports, mailing lists) to better fulfill their mission
• Attend staff meetings as required
• Attend seminars and user meetings of ChMS software, local and national, and seminars relating to project management to remain the first-line support for users
• Assist with development of IT department budget
• Collaborate with other staff on long-range department planning
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.