Senior Accountant, Fraternity - Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- 02-Nov-2020 to 01-Dec-2020
- - Lambda Chi Alpha International Fraternity
- Carmel, IN, USA
- salary range starts at $55,000 and the compensation will correspond with a candidate’s education and experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive benefits package
To provide financial, accounting, and human resource services in support of the Fraternity and Educational Foundation.
This is a well-established position that requires seasoned professionals with experience in both accounting operations and project management to apply. Responsibilities include preparing and managing multiple budgets, creating and distributing monthly financial reports, and serving as the Fraternity's primary liaison during the fiscal-year-end-audit process. This position is for people who are assertive, yet tactful, and can hold themselves and others accountable to policies, procedures, critical deadlines, and producing accurate work product.
STRATEGIC WORK FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - FRATERNITY
• Creating, managing, and sending proper reports related to the Fraternity's financial activity through monthly and quarterly closes and annual processes.
• Developing, implementing, and managing the yearly wildly important goals (WIGs) for the Finance & Accounting team.
• Serving as an internal auditor for the Finance & Accounting team.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Specifically, this role is responsible for the following:
• Managing departmental financial information via the organization's accounting system (i.e., Intacct).
• Drafting monthly financial reports for board presentations and departmental communications.
• Managing the cash flow of the Fraternity.
• Reconciling general ledger accounts.
• Managing fixed asset and prepaid expenses of the organization.
• Managing the Fraternity's and Foundation's intercompany financial activity.
• Managing and reconciling the organization's corporate American Express payments and activity.
• Monitoring the organization's financial and transactional controls and policies.
• Organizing materials for the Fraternity's fiscal-year-end-audit.
• Serving as the liaison between Lambda Chi Alpha and its contracted auditors.
• Recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising one full time direct report.
• Working with the Event Manager to prepare and manage conference budgets.
• Managing the organization's accounting system (i.e., Intacct).
• Reconciling the organization's product inventory, including badges, pins, certificates, learning materials, etc.
• Approving invoice and expense claim payments.
• Developing and managing the Finance & Accounting Team's annual budget.
Bring your passion, join in on the fun, challenge the status quo, and help us inspire the men of Lambda Chi Alpha.
The competencies and behaviors that have been specifically sorted as priorities for this job are:
• Action Oriented
• Decision Quality
• Direct Work
• Establish Priorities
• Must be willing and able to travel as needed to support the organization's needs.
• Acting as a representative of the organization and an ambassador of Lambda Chi Alpha.
• Working with various departments and external audiences in communicating and achieving organization initiatives.
• Protecting confidential and sensitive information.
• Adhering to and enforcing all applicable organization policies, procedures, and practices. Considering Lambda Chi Alpha's team structure, it is likely that duties will extend beyond those listed above. Physical demands of this position include, but are not limited to, bending, lifting, sitting for extended periods, driving, and flying.
Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in Accounting, and at least 3 years' of direct work, leadership, and supervisory experiences. Candidates should be familiar with and be able to demonstrate proficiency with Excel.
The position is a full-time, exempt position located in the organization's headquarters in Carmel, IN. Job responsibilities and tasks for this position are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
The compensation will correspond with a candidate's education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health plans, 401k with employer match, paid leave, continuing education, laptop, cell phone, and an extended holiday break in December.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now. The application will require you to submit:
• A cover letter detailing your qualifications
• A resume
• Three professional or experiential references, and
• An available start date.