Development Director – Village of Merici Inc.
- 02-Nov-2020 to 01-Dec-2020
- - Village of Merici
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Village of Merici Inc. is looking for our next Development Director. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Village of Merici's fundraising including, donor development, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund-raising endeavors.
The Village of Merici has developed significant individual, corporate and grant support over its 6 year history. As the organization expands its work in supporting individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in residential and community settings, a full-time fundraising professional will be a key leader for the organization's forward momentum.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who excels in thinking about how to build strong relationships with the community and supporters and can engage supports as donors to build our organization.
Our mission is to provide residential and community opportunities for adults with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities to live independent, meaningful lives. The people we support determine their own goals. We focus on the person's capabilities rather than the skill deficits and presume competence in the individual's ability to live independently with appropriate supports as needed. Our organization believes that all people can live in a home they choose and control, on their own or with others they select, and can participate in meaningful work and activities if appropriate supports are offered. We respect and promote choice and people's control over their own lives. In understanding the desire of adults with developmental disabilities and their choice to live in the community, we are inspired to develop options that are essential for a meaningful life.
Fundraising/Development - Lead all fundraising events and planning efforts. Build and implement the organization's development plan to ensure organizational sustainability. Maintain excellent relationships with donors, sponsors, and funders. Invite new donors, sponsors, and funders to support the organization's mission and expansion. Maintain accurate and timeline information in the donor database.
• Develop and execute Village of Merici's annual donor development plan
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Manage and maintain the donor data base and tracking systems
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors by meeting prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
• Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
• Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
• Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Develop, coordinate and direct fund-raising special events.
• Complete prospect research ongoing
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Village of Merici with the community.
• Participate in Staff and Board meetings.
• Develop publications to support fund raising activities.
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Perform other duties as requested
• Must embrace the mission of Village of Merici
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills. Must be technologically astute and proficient in Microsoft 365 including, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
• Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and grant writing.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A bachelor's degree.
• 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Colleen Renie, Executive Director.