Residential Loan Portfolio Manager - Renew Indianapolis
- 02-Nov-2020 to 01-Dec-2020
- - Renew Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience ($55,000-70,000)
- Full Time
- 401k with employer matching, medical and dental insurance, basic life insurance, paid vacation/sick days
The Residential Loan Portfolio Manager supports the daily lending activities operated by Renew Indianapolis, Inc. (Renew Indianapolis). A successful applicant will help the advance the missions of Renew Indianapolis's CDFIs - providing affordable, flexible, and responsible capital to support the creation of affordable, inclusive, and diverse housing opportunities.
Renew Indianapolis Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to improving housing, economic development, and quality of life in the metropolitan Indianapolis area. Renew Indianapolis Inc. focuses on comprehensive community development by:
• Revitalizing neighborhoods by renovating and building affordable housing.
• Driving economic growth and sustainability with our business services.
• Directly impacting and contributing to the quality of life through public programs.
• Connecting those willing to invest in the future with the properties that need help through a land bank.
From weed‐choked lot to a thriving business, abandoned building to brightly lit home, we Renew Indianapolis one space at a time.
Our Mission: The mission of Renew Indianapolis, Inc. is to foster positive change through comprehensive community stabilization and development initiatives.
1. Supporting all residential lending functions, including providing accurate and timely loan documentation, servicing of loans, and maintaining collateral files;
2. Closely monitoring loan collateral coverage consistent with CDFI policies and industry standards during underwriting phase, for annual monitoring, and risk rating;
3. Gathering portfolio data necessary to ensure that the CDFI maintains portfolio risk management goals;
4. Expeditiously completes all activities within applicable regulatory guidelines and per lending policies;
5. Manage and coordinate all grant compliance requirements regarding residential lending, including the collection, maintenance and reporting of data;
6. Stay up to date on all funder grant compliance requirements;
7. Attending training on applicable subjects when available and appropriate;
8. Perform Annual risk rating of loan portfolio;
9. Work with accountant to calculate and maintain appropriate expense allocation for bad debt;
10. Compile portfolio financial reports for regulators, funders, and the Board of Directors;
11. Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of; awarding loans;
12. Calculate, review, and correct errors on amortization schedule, interest, principal, payment, and closing costs;
13. Work with accounting staff for approval of amortization schedules, settlement statements, financial reporting and to verify accuracy of financial or transactional data;
14. Initiate communication with and respond to inquiries from government agencies, borrowers, clients, stakeholders and third-party vendors;
15. Work with accountant, and auditors to manage Renew's annual audit regarding residential lending matters;
16. other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work both independent of supervision, as well as on collaborative team projects
2. Strong attention to detail and ability to manage workload to consistently meet deadlines
3. Demonstration of commitment Renew Indianapolis' community development mission through:
a. Respectful interpersonal communication with all residents, partners, colleagues, funders, and government agency representatives
b. Professional presence in community and Renew Indianapolis events
c. Continual assessment of the rapidly changing landscape of community development to make informed and confident decisions
d. Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to successfully execute Renew Indianapolis goals
e. Development and maintenance of professional skills and knowledge
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Experience in the lending industry
2. Bachelor's degree in related field
3. Experience providing exceptional customer service
4. Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to work independently to a deadline
5. Ability to consistently follow guidelines for file documentation quality
6. Ability to consistently meet productivity goals
7. Ability to work collaboratively on team
8. Ability to work independently without supervision
9. Strong organization, computer and customer service skills
10. Strong communications skills including strong writing and presentation skills
11. Ability to travel to borrower site visits and work evenings and weekends as needed
12. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.