Research and Planning Consultant - Hedges
- 09-Nov-2020 to 08-Dec-2020
- - Hedges and Associates
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Please note: Submission Materials Required - resume, writing sample, and cover letter including salary requirements and available start date in one combined PDF document
Hedges is an Indianapolis-based consulting firm serving the needs of non-profit organizations, corporations, and foundations since 2002, with a particular focus on social issues such as economic opportunity, education, health, and safety in Central Indiana. Hedges is seeking a dedicated, flexible, and confident professional with a passion for addressing social issues through strengthening the nonprofit sector.
Reporting to the Vice President of Hedges, the Research and Planning Consultant will support a variety of Central Indiana nonprofit organizations, corporations, and foundations each with unique organizational cultures and values.
Responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of nonprofit client organizations and use that knowledge and understanding to deliver services of exceptional quality;
• Coordinate with clients and team members to gather information necessary for organizing and completing all projects through emails, phone conferences, and on-site meetings;
• Schedule and manage calendars and coordinate project logistics as needed;
• Manage research and reporting processes to identify and analyze client priorities related to meeting community and target population needs;
• Develop research tools such as stakeholder surveys, interview protocols, and focus group discussion guides;
• Facilitate focus groups, interviews, and surveys with diverse stakeholders;
• Provide best practice and evidence-based recommendations to help clients address identified organizational and programmatic needs;
• Prepare meeting and retreat facilitation materials;
• Facilitate or co-facilitate planning retreats, committee meetings, and other client facing sessions, meetings, and/or workshops to meet the needs of clients and the nonprofit community;
• Develop reports and formal deliverables resulting from research processes, client planning sessions and retreats, and fundraising projects;
• Provide additional tools, resources, and support to aid clients as needed;
• Participate in exploratory processes with potential nonprofit clients and nonprofit referral partners, as needed;
• Communicate with team leadership about identified opportunities for continued services with current and/or past nonprofit clients; and
• Perform other client services as assigned or required.
• Participate in the successful completion of the Hedges annual Strategic Business Plan to foster company growth and through the delivery of excellent client services;
• In partnership with Vice President, identify and achieve annual Professional Development Plan goals;
• Support all Hedges team members using a strength-based, shared leadership model; and
• Serve as a knowledgeable and professional representative of Hedges in the community.
• A Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of related experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, professional writing, organizational development, client relations, research and data analysis, teaching, and/or training facilitation OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Graduate degree a plus.
• Knowledge of and interest in the Indianapolis nonprofit community and addressing social issues including economic opportunity, education, health, and safety.
• Excellent written communication skills – must be able to develop reports and other deliverables containing complex research findings, plans, and tools in a format and style amenable to client utilization. Experience writing case studies, white papers, and assessment reports a plus.
• Excellent oral communication skills – must be able to present conceptual ideas as actionable processes.
• Excellent facilitation skills – must be able to facilitate client meetings and complex group discussions focused on ensuring equitable participation, clearly synthesizing feedback, problem solving in real time, and building consensus.
• Excellent analytic skills – must be able to analyze primary and secondary data, identify trends, and provide written analysis.
• Comprehensive understanding of processes and tools used for fundraising efforts.
• Highly organized, deadline-driven, able to multi-task, prioritize, and learn quickly.
• Ability to succeed and be effective within multiple organizational cultures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Zoom, and presentation software.
• Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects.
• Client-centered focus that ensures positive and long-term client relationships.
• Professional demeanor, patience, teamwork oriented, and highly motivated work ethic.
• Willingness to assist with all tasks needed to ensure the success of our clients.
• Access to reliable transportation to attend client meetings and events.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, writing sample, and cover letter including salary requirements and available start date in one combined PDF document to Jodi Snell.