Director, College Prep Institute (CPI) - Center for Leadership Development
- 09-Nov-2020 to 08-Dec-2020
- - Center for Leadership Development
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The College Prep Institute Director's primary responsibility is to serve as a strategist, leader and manager in the implementation of its vision and mission of inspiring the highest academic, college and career achievement in African American youth. This role leads staff in the planning, execution and delivery of preeminent college readiness programs and services. Ensures rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality emphasizing traits essential to success: character development, educational excellence, leadership effectiveness, community service and career achievement.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads Assistant Director and other College Prep Institute staff in the planning, execution and delivery of preeminent college readiness programs and services.
• Develops and maintains partnerships with colleges and universities.
• Communicates and maintains relationships with stakeholders and constituents.
• Provides written program impact summaries to the Grants Writer, the Board and Grantors.
• Oversees CPI data for internal and external reports.
• Presents CLD information at area schools, churches, other community organizations and during internal program orientations and graduations.
• Manages the department's financial budget performance.
• Ensures CPI benchmarks are systematically implemented, tracked and reported.
• Maintains and revises standard operating procedures as circumstances require; also ensures they are consistently used.
• Remains aware of current issues regarding post-secondary education, and college admission, persistence and graduation.
• Remains aware of local, regional, and national initiatives that impact CPI and communicates this knowledge to CPI staff and volunteers.
• Oversees development and publication of CPI related information on organization website.
• Leads and manages all aspects of the College Prep Conference and College Fair.
• Oversees all aspects of tutoring activity, including tutor curriculum, training, outcomes and impact under the direct supervision of the Assistant CPI Director.
• Acts as a CPI liaison between parents, participants, facilitators and volunteers.
• Works collaboratively with the Assistant Director of College Prep to provide curriculum updates for CPI Lab procedures.
• Periodically performs documented, spot-check-evaluations of College Prep Institute services & workshops to ensure superior quality, clarity and consistency of participant experiences.
• Works collaboratively with the Senior Manager of Programs.
• Attends 1 recruiting event per month.
• Complies with mandatory attendance at the following annual CLD events: all CLD graduations, Minority Achiever's Awards and Scholarship Gala, College Prep Conference, and Indiana Black Expo.
• Follows professional personal presentation standards and adheres to the dress code policy.
• May perform specialized activities in direct support of the accomplishment of the program objectives and the CLD mission.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Master's Degree in Education Administration with 3 years' experience in College Advising or College Readiness, and/or student programming.
• Preference will go to candidates with at least 10 years management experience as the position requires overseeing approximately 10 fulltime staff and 15 part-time staff.
• Experience training personnel.
• Experience working with youth of diverse backgrounds.
• Experience in developing curriculum for career pathways.
• Knowledge of high school degree requirements.
• Knowledge of higher education matriculation.
• Prior success at executing projects in a timely manner and in achieving results on schedule.
• Working knowledge of database input and management.
• Functional skills with Windows 10, Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to effectively use a variety of office equipment such as multi-line telephone, copier and fax.
• Impeccable character.
• Strong willingness to lead and offer recommendations.
• Thinks strategically.
• Pleasant with others on the job and displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Prefers to work with others rather than alone, and is personally connected with others on the job.
• Maintains composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
EDUCTION and/or CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Master's Degree Required-Education Administration, Higher Education, Educational Leadership or Organizational Leadership with a Bachelor's in Higher Education.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.