Communications and Annual Giving Officer - Sheltering Wings
- 14-Nov-2020 to 13-Dec-2020
- - Sheltering Wings
- Danville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Sheltering Wings, located just 20 minutes of I-465, is a highly recognized community asset that serves women, men and children who are victims of domestic violence from Hendricks County, Indianapolis and surrounding communities. Sheltering Wings provides shelter, services, programs, including community education and awareness, that are focused on a critically important issue that impacts individuals of all social and economic spheres. With a strong donor base, exceptional volunteer support, and a dynamic board and staff, the position of Director of Development offers an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and successful organization that is mission centered with a direct, positive impact upon the issue of domestic violence.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Communications and Annual Giving Officer (CAGO)'s primary roles are: 1) to create, implement and evaluate marketing and communication strategies to build awareness, educate, raise funds, and share resources; and 2) to raise funds to meet annual goals through annual giving strategies and initiatives through efforts including direct mail, website, emails, social media and third-party events. The position will develop both annual communication and development plans that encompass the broad spectrum of communicating with the community, donors, churches, schools and those impacted by domestic violence through marketing pieces, social media/website, events, and fundraising messages. The CAGO will uphold both the faith-based vision and mission of Sheltering Wings.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing and/or fundraising, or 3-5 years in relevant experience
2. Nonprofit fundraising experience in annual giving, third party, and/or events
3. Although the schedule is flexible, the CAGO must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends.
4. Demonstrates success in organizational, computer, written, and communication skills.
5. Full commitment and dedication to the mission statement of Sheltering Wings, indicated by signing Statement of Faith
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Amy O'Hearn, Operations Manager.