Development Director - Milk Bank
- 16-Nov-2020 to 15-Dec-2020
- - Milk Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Looking for a position that makes a difference? Join the lifesaving team at The Milk Bank as our full time Development Director. You'll be a great fit for our team if you are committed to incredible donor support and customers service; are self motivated, data driven, and results oriented; and are passionate about public health especially regarding infants!
The Milk Bank (TMB) is a living tissue bank similar to blood banking dedicated to combatting infant mortality. TMB provides pasteurized donor human milk for premature and ill infants across the Midwest via Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) and outpatient programs. The Milk Bank strives to ensure that every child has access to safe, lifesaving human milk and is committed to helping more infants celebrate their first birthday.
The Development Director is primarily responsible for advancing mission through leadership in all areas of fund development strategy including individual giving, major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, planned and endowment giving, and special events. Serves as a key relationship building for internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead fund development efforts including annual fund development plan, prospect development and donor identification, cultivation, tracking, and retention including management of CRM and data health.
• Accountable to achieving or exceeding minimum fundraising and friendraising targets.
• Work in partnership with staff, board and volunteers to develop and coordinate special event fundraising including planning of logistics, sponsorship solicitation, marketing, and volunteer management.
• Participate in setting budget projections and adhere to approved budget for fund development. Solicit in-kind donations to offset expense.
• Maintain accurate, ongoing, and organized records including data entry.
• Acknowledge donors, sponsors, and volunteers in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Lead grant and funder research, submission and reporting.
• Third party and alternative giving
• Prepare and manage gift acceptance policies in accordance with ethical fundraising practices
• Assist in providing ongoing orientation and training related to fund development for internal stakeholders.
• Serve as a key member of the organization's leadership team focused on high morale, accountability, and culture.
Required Professional Characteristics:
• Demonstrated advanced writing skills and computer literacy
• Ability to bring fresh ideas and creative approaches to campaigns and retention efforts
• Handles competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
• Actively seeks to give and receive constructive feedback
• Requires ability to present or speak in front of peers and public.
• Requires ability to work independently or as a participating member of a team.
• Excellent time management skills and superb work ethic.
Experience and Education:
Four year degree and three years experience in fund development, non profit leadership, sales or related field required. CFRE preferred.
The Milk Bank Values and Culture:
The Milk Bank is a small team that strives for high levels of collaboration while maintaining clear role definitions and accountability. Successful team members value self-awareness, a problem-solving orientation, comfort with clear feedback and direct communication, the ability to manage change, a priority on equity and strong customer service mindset.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.