Director of Communications and Marketing - International School of Indiana
- 20-Nov-2020 to 19-Dec-2020
- - International School of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Founded in 1994 by state leaders, International School of Indiana is the only school in central Indiana offering all enrolled students, age three to grade 12, access to certified full-continuum International Baccalaureate (IB) programming and language immersion opportunities in three languages. ISI has more than 500 students and is known for its distinctive education. Over the school's 25-year history, 17 graduating classes totaling more than 400 graduates have left the school prepared to be responsible citizens and effective leaders in a rapidly globalizing and interdependent world. The school is currently in the midst of a capital project that will unify the school through the construction of a new lower school building for pre-elementary and elementary age students along N. Michigan Rd. where the school's middle and high schools are currently located.
ISI is seeking an outstanding communications professional to help develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications plan that differentiates the school from its competitors, and enhances its reputation as one of the region's most distinct academic institutions. The Director of Communications and Marketing reports to the Vice President for Development and External Relations and works closely with other members of the administrative and educational leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Communications and Marketing leads and coordinates the school's messaging across all areas of the school's operation to our stakeholders and to the wider community in order to raise the profile of our school and to further the school's goals.
1) Building and maintaining familiarity with ISI's programs and their impact on our community in order to highlight events in a timely and appropriate manner
2) Managing all electronic media, including web-site development and management, electronic communications, weekly newsletters, and ISI social media platforms
3) Responsibility for marketing materials to include project management, copywriting and production
4) Responsibility for advertising and promotion of the school throughout all media and channels
5) Managing communications with internal and external partners
6) Preparing press releases and maintaining positive relations with journalists and media representatives
7) Collaborating with all stakeholders to develop and evaluate annual marketing and communications plans
8) Assisting with the marketing of special events
9) Collecting, analyzing and acting on data from advertising, social media, marketing campaigns and websites
10) Composing and sending emergency communications outside of normal work hours as necessary
• A Bachelor's degree with 5+ years experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
• Exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
• Experience in developing print and digital marketing campaigns and supporting materials.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment attending to urgent everyday matters at the same time as working on longer-term projects.
• Proven project management skills (agency/vendor management, electronic media knowledge with strong skills in social media messaging.)
• Strong interpersonal skills including a willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Director of Communications and Marketing. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties to be performed. Plans will be developed with the Vice President to outline objectives for the upcoming period(s).
Clck the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.