Director of Development and Marketing
- 20-Nov-2020 to 19-Dec-2020
- - Local Non Profit
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
A local arts non-profit organization seeks a Director of Development and Marketing to become an integral part of the team. This position will work with the artistic staff, Artistic Director, Finance Director and other administrative staff to help carry out the mission to nurture and inspire student achievement through quality music education. This position will also lead the development, marketing, and community/alumni staff.
Working with the Board of Directors, the Director of Advancement and Marketing is responsible for the development and fulfillment of strategic plans to raise funds for the non-profit and implementation of the non-profit's marketing and special events efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize, direct, and execute the implementation of a comprehensive annual and major gifts program for individual donors, corporations, foundations, and fundraising events
• Establish performance measures, monitors results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development programs and events
• Ensure the effective implementation of the annual fund
• Oversee and manage fundraising efforts and events (including their Annual Gala)
• Build a strong and successful donor cultivation cycle from suspect, to prospect, to donor
• Work with the Director of Corporate, Community, and Alumni Engagement to ensure the fulfillment of grant and corporate giving goals, prospect research, proposal development, submission opportunities, and timely reporting
• Build and sustain relationships with donors and patrons and maintain accurate records
• Work with the Financial Assistant, who oversees the fundraising database and tracking systems, to ensure timely and accurate recording of gifts, pledges, and contacts
• Liaise with Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors
• Attend Board of Directors meetings and deliver Advancement report
Marketing and Public Relations
• Develop, coordinate and implement marketing initiatives, including advertising, digital and print communications, and special events
• Facilitate the creation and dissemination of press releases for concerts, programs and special events for the non-profit
• Ensure adequate supplies of media (digital and print), direct mail pieces, press, and booking packets, bios and publicity photos for concerts, auditions, etc.
• Ensure the maintenance of a media mailing list and contact files
• Coordinate publicity photographs and personal perspective "story" opportunities for the non-profit at major events
• Update all community and event calendars
• Foster relationships for earned media opportunities
• Secure appropriate broadcast advertising for concerts, auditions, etc.
• Verify that all printed materials have consistent and appropriate non-profit design
• Coordinate, in conjunction with Artistic staff, printing of concert and season ticket brochures
• Oversee digital publications including a periodic newsletter and Annual Report
• Oversee the maintenance and accuracy of the non-profit's website and other social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube and track website analytics
• Determine which workshops, conferences and conventions require the non-profit's presence, register and represent the organization as assigned; and coordinate staffing at booths
• Facilitate the creation of innovative displays and booths
• Maintain archives of season literature
• Attend Board of Directors meetings and deliver Marketing report
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a 4-year college or university.
• 5+ years of experience leading the advancement and/or development function for an organization.
• Knowledge and training in fundraising software, contact management systems, database software, project management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Possess a proven track record of building relationships with individuals, organizations, and businesses.
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Experience leading staff in market research and experience identifying trends that impact needs and resources.
• Marketing education and / or experience in formulating and implementing a marketing plan.
• Proficiency in creating marketing collateral, and program materials.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.