Teaching Fellows - Indianapolis Teaching Fellows (ITF)
- 20-Nov-2020 to 19-Dec-2020
- - Indianapolis Teaching Fellows
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Become a Certified Teacher in Indianapolis!
Indianapolis Teaching Fellows prepares individuals without teaching certification to become exceptional teachers for students who historically haven't had access to an equitable education. Through Indianapolis Teaching Fellows (ITF), you will transform your academic and professional expertise into a high-impact career as a certified K-12 teacher working in Indianapolis Public Schools and Township Charter area schools.
Who Our Students Need
Indianapolis Teaching Fellows provides a diverse set of aspiring teachers with an affordable and accelerated pathway into the classroom. We recruit, train and certify accomplished professionals, recent college graduates and graduating seniors who aren't yet certified as teachers, but possess the dedication and content knowledge to teach in some of the highest-need schools throughout Indianapolis.
You may have built a successful career, and now wish to use those skills to impact our next generation. You could be an accomplished recent graduate who wants to share your passion for learning with Indiana's students. Whatever your background, you have high expectations for all students and are deeply invested in ensuring all students have access to an equitable education.
We are currently seeking mission-aligned candidates to teach critical-need subjects, including Science, Math, Elementary Education, English, English as a Second Language, Social Studies and Special Education.
Benefits of Teaching in Indianapolis
• Flexible Teaching Locations: We partner with Indianapolis Public Schools and Township Charter Schools in Center Township. Fellows have the unique flexibility to start their career at a school that fits their skills and interests. Wherever you teach, you will be working in a state that is recognized for being on the cutting edge of an education transformation.
• Classroom-Centered Preparation: Fellows support is radically simple: focused practice on key skills, knowledge, and cultural mindsets so new teachers start strong. Where traditional teacher preparation leaves little time for hands-on skill building, our innovative support is centered around actual teaching experience and focused practice on core skills, such as reflecting on students' values, experiences, and ambitions to create opportunities for students to see themselves in challenging content that will prepare them for success.
• Certification that Counts: We hold the highest standards for certification of any program in the country. Fellows are recognized not simply as certified teachers, but as having a proven track record of classroom success.
• Full Salary and Benefits: While pursuing certification, Fellows work full-time at a district or charter school and will earn the same starting salary plus comprehensive benefits as a first-year teacher. You will start as the teacher of record for the 2021-22 school year. Starting salary is approximately $42,000 plus comprehensive benefits.
• Must have bachelor's degree by June 2021
• Must currently be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must be able to pass an FBI background investigation
• Must not be a licensed teacher
• Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or a 2.5 plus professional experience*
*GPA requirement can be reviewed upon request.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.